FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3389

I want to send out samples by 31 Oct 07- If you are not already a customer I would need a copy of your ID and AMMO STATEMENT. Previous customer creds are already on file. You just have to pay for shipping.

I will be in contact as time nears-

Please PM me and I will add your name to the list below:

Hoover 1
offshore
Thermallator
Iraq Ninja
FSCJedi
IndianaApostle
tacticalcoyote
TQtran
fathermorpheus
tgr934x4
triggerhappy
lt557
rejeme
CMANavy
Poseidon5
Jonas
moreland281
gau5shooter

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are photos of the new BAP111 projectiles in the FN line up from left to right- FN SS90, BAP111c, SS91 STP, BAP111a, FN SS190, FN SS192/195, FN SS197

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back

My apologies for the delay-

With in this week I will post a new firm date as to when I will send out the samples and I will upload a few more pics -which will provide you to the reason for the delay.

I received the last two volunteers- total of 20.
Each person will receive 5 fully loaded samples for the 1st phase.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back

UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back.

With in this week I will post a new firm date as to when I will send out the samples and I will upload a few more pics -which will provide you to the reason for the delay.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back

wildeye111 said:
UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back.

Anything that delays you getting your new round out, Wildeye, will definitely be worth the wait! :eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good question- it is an entire aluminum body to include the ogive.
At this point I am not progressing any further with either the Aluminum or the Copper. One was too heavy the other was to light. I eventually obtained the correct weight range (came in at 31grns) by using a copper jacket with an aluminum polymer core. I want to stay away from using a jacket altogether- the negative aspect with a bullet jacket is the slippage of the core with the jacket. There are ways to limit or prevent it, but I did not want to have this as a factor I had to deal with.

This change to use another material is the main issue for the delay on sending out the samples, thus beginning my testing process over again

CriticalDimensions said:
On the Aluminum BAP111, is that an aluminum projectile body or just the ogive is aluminum?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: UPDATE- date for shipment of samples pushed back

Thanks for the support guys- I wanted to posts pics with more info this past week but I came down with some kind of sinus/throat cold
I will post ASAP.

Anything that delays you getting your new round out, Wildeye, will definitely be worth the wait! :eek:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finaly got some time to update this post, my apologies for the delay-

Here are pics of the 2nd revision of the BAP projectile, which is not the final version. This projectile has the same Stainless Steel tip but with a "CRP" Carbon(Graphite) Reinforced Polymer backend. The weight of the projectile is 22 grains, which is the lowest weight of a bullet that can be used and still cycle the action of the PS90.

Currently working on the 3rd and hopefully the last revision- which will be a dual purpose projectile combining both the ability to fully penetrate while fragmenting(frangible) upon impact. The same SStip will be used but the back end will be a Reinforced Carbon(Graphite) Powdered Metal composite "RCPM"

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A sabot is typically a plastic piece- this plastic piece is very inexpensive to Mfg. once the cost of the plastic injection mold is paid for. A sub caliber bullet is a bullet in which it's diameter is smaller to that of the barrel's diameter- which brings to use a sabot, a sabot is required to expand the diameter to that of the barrel.
My BAP projectile does not have any aspects of a sabot- there is not a part of this projectile that pulls apart/breaks away after exiting the barrel. The entire BAP projectile remains intact until it reaches the target. The BAP projectile is a full 5.7 or .2245 diamater projectile. The cost so far is much greater than a traditional sabot or sub caliber round.

Esteves said:
How does the cost of manufacturing the BAP rounds compare with a traditional sabot and a sub-caliber bullet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ammo

Hey sorry I missed the ammo testing. I have been gone to Iraq and now am headed to Afghanistan. Please keep me in the "loop" on the new ammo. I am looking forward to coming home and playing with my PS90. For now my wife and son have it for home defense while I'm gone. Everyone take care and keep up this great forum!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Re: Ammo

Ronin8541 said:
Hey sorry I missed the ammo testing. I have been gone to Iraq and now am headed to Afghanistan. Please keep me in the "loop" on the new ammo. I am looking forward to coming home and playing with my PS90. For now my wife and son have it for home defense while I'm gone. Everyone take care and keep up this great forum!
Good luck and keep your head down!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Ammo

Thanks for the continued interest- stay safe- shoot me a PM when you get back.

Ronin8541 said:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As of Feb 18, 08
I am told by my machinist that my newest BAP machinery should be done by end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Here is my unofficial 5.7x28 policy- which I have not publicized as of now.

“As a Licensed Type 06 Manufacture and seller of custom 5.7x28 ammunition I DO NOT CONDONE the use of any of either FN's SS190, SS191 rounds or my SS91 STP, SS91 STP Tracer, and BAP111 rounds for use with any of the FiveseveN handguns"
If I become aware or informed that a buyer such as fnforum member "John Gael" has intent to use my ammunition with the pistol I either disregard their request or inform them of their state laws Ref: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaws/27thedition/
and advise them against it. My 5.7x28 ammunition is designed and intended for use with only the FN PS90 rifle.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts