FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another forum. The idea is kinda kewl. I wouldn't mind a Coyote colored one. But, after spending so much on the rifle, I can't bring myself to do something like that :p

The guy offered me a good deal on refinishing, but I just can't do it. This color scheme isn't for me, but there are some kewl ones out there....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that link is if U buy the stuff and do it youself (paying someone to do it costs more). IF I did even want to do it - I would send it to someone who knew what they are doing. I can't even paint a model car w/o it looking crappy :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post here. I saw this a few months ago and it made me buy the PS90!!! I can't wait to SBR it and maybe go the duracoat route!!! That is SWEET!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GA-Dawg said:
My first post here. I saw this a few months ago and it made me buy the PS90!!! I can't wait to SBR it and maybe go the duracoat route!!! That is SWEET!
Hey, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ship, I was soooo hoping this was posted somewhere else on this site so I could tell you, "The search button still works." :wink:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SunsetSam said:
Ship, I was soooo hoping this was posted somewhere else on this site so I could tell you, "The search button still works." :wink:
Don't even start that here :p :p :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At handgun forum, I have only done something similar 1 or 2 times - and in reality - I didn't say "use the search box." I just posted some links that would give them their answer and suggested that they check out those threads. I think it was something about the P99 that comes up ALL the time (something like: what's the difference between the QA and A/S triggers) and I am admittedly a bit tired of explaining that all the time on all the forums I frequent :p (I am a huge P99 fanatic, so I always get the P99 questions directed at me)

But, I never ***** people out and tell them to just use the search. U get new people coming thru all the time, and that's part of what running a forum is. As an admin, U can't do that. That's part of the job. So, I don't understand why they wanna do that all the time..

But I'll get off my soapbox now :p :p :p

·
Registered
181 Posts
While it can be annoying for someone to ask a question that has been covered before, it is always something that can be responded politely to.

I remember being a newbie. I'll often answer common questions to do my part for the community. I answered a newbie question on another forum and posted a link. A perfect answer I thought. The admin there deleted my post and responded with, "Try using the search button.", or something like that. Rude on too many levels.

Sometimes a topic has been covered, but one crucial item has been left out. Sometimes you just have to know NOW and don't want to sift through a zillion posts. Maybe you did search, but missed an answer because you didn't use every single search word that might be related. A problem may have been covered months ago, and rather than resurrect a multi-page necro-post you start a fresh thread to see if any solutions have been found since then.

Hint at the search button if you must, but respond nicely or not at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts