FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title describes, I am looking for any first hand experience with the AWC THOR PSR can on their 17.
Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one.... this thing is awesome... I finally got to shoot one and bought it on the spot. It is way lighter than my other cans, I can't really tell any meaningful difference is sound suppression and the signature is a pretty thin and short pencil.... nice can. Now some day when ATF decides I am worthy, I will get some pics or a video up showing the difference between my AAC Cyclone, SDN-6 and THOR cans. The muzzle brake is effective but not as effective as the SJC Titan.....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Now that is a nice looking piece of Kit!

·
Registered
505 Posts
This needs to be on my to get list. I really like the Surefire Cans. Have you tried there's?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surefire cans are great.... Barry does an incredible job balancing the signature reduction, back pressure and overall size/weight of the cans. You wont ever be disappointed by one.....

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Their T.H.O.R. Raider for 5.56 looks interesting too, I had chosen a Surefire for my 16s but this might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The best part about the THOR....beyond the performance, construction and light weight is the fact that it comes with an effective brake and the can screws onto the brake. QD cans are great but are simply not as accurate/solid as thread on cans. The fact that you have a thread on QD over a brake is perfect....and what drew me to the can. If the performance is good enough for Surgeon that should tell you something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts