FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I can pick up about 500 rounds for a decent price. Anyone had any luck with this or is the same as other milsurp ammo and people are having light strikes?

Sad when a weapon is marked 5.56x45 but can't use the ammo reliably. i.e. M855 or SS109.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had one light primer strike out of over 2,000 rounds of ammo.

I'd say it can use the ammo reliably. But maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
1500 rounds with no failures here....

·
Registered
10 Posts
No light strikes.

I've got about 800 rounds through mine, mostly with M193, 55 grain the rest was BH 77 grain. No malfuctions, no light strikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spoke too soon

Well, ironically just after this post I've had my first light stike on M193. This is the first light strike and I have about 900 rounds through it. I will call FN tomrrow and talk to a tech. There has to be a happy medium spring tension as opposed to going without a spring.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This round gave me the best group ever with my FS2000--5 shots into about 1.5" at 100 yards using an Aimpoint with a 3 moa reticle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Light strike fix

Well I talked to Bob Ailes. He is going to put a new hammer spring in for me. I originally thought, why not just cut the firing pin sring but then it occured to me that they need that much pressure to stop the slam fire so why mess with it. The extra hammer spring tension is supposed to overcome the firing pin spring. Why they couldn't just put the correct tension hammer spring in the first place is beyond me. I just hope it doesn't make the trigger even more unpleasant than it already is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hangfires with Ball M193

I took my FS2K out for the first time last Saturday and had 4 hangfires with Malaysian 5.56mm ball M193 made in 2-83. I ran them back through and two went off and two didn't. My buddy put them in his AUG and they went off. After looking at the primers, the firing pin hit seemed off center and very light. The hit seemed very puny if you ask me. I guess I'll write BOB at FN.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Response from Bob

That Bob Ailes is a good guy! Wrote him last night and had an email waiting for me this morning. He's looking into my hangfire problem with the Malaysian M193. Anybody shoot any steel case S&B 5.56 ammo thru their FS2K? I have some but haven't tried it yet. I know to stay away from Wolf, seeing as it's real clean ammo...yeah right!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I removed the captive spring and have had no problem with my FS2000 shooting a mix of mil and civilian ammo. The captive spring & lighter firing pin overdid it, IMHO. They should ahve just done one or the other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts