·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The GG&G B-Comp 30mm Ring System Red Dot Mount came in today. I mounted a Leupold Deltapoint 3.5MOA atop a Leupod Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8X36mm M2 Illuminated TMR. I used 2 Jpoint risers to elevate the deltapint to sit flush with the low profile windage turret.
21.JPG 22.JPG 24.JPG 25.JPG 26.JPG

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It's a decent concept to keep the add-ons onto the 1913 rail if there is room for them.
Each item has it's own lightweight mount.

"If" the main optic mount ever has an issue,....then the piggyback follows suit.

Modular items are a rule to follow, giving your platform a second chance to sustain.

I think a member here made that a point in a previous thread.
I took it as well thought advise.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a decent concept to keep the add-ons onto the 1913 rail if there is room for them.
Each item has it's own lightweight mount.

"If" thr main optic mount ever has an issue,....then the piggyback follows suit.

Modular items are a rule to follow, giving your platform a second chance to sustain.

I think a member here made that a point in a previous thread.
I took it as well thought advise.
That is wise advise; I am now going to have to order a set of Surefire offset iron sights and install the Trijicon tritium inserts onto them. I prefer the in-line position for a red dot, like the Leupy HAMR, for close range transition, it seems faster and more natural for me. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Deltapoint in the forward position is not aesthetically pleasing, but it keeps the windage and elevation turrets unobstructed. It's not a Aimpoint T-1 piggy packed on a LT Mount, but I am saving for that combo on a Leupy M6 3-18x44 M5C2 with the Tremor 2 illuminated reticule. It will be my Christmas present to myself this year.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
KAC micro folding or a solid nonfolding.
I'm in the works for this system of thought.
The KAC folding pictured below is on their website, but the newest sights are 600m and have a smaller hole.
As for what happened to the 0-200/300m...I'm puzzled.
Tritium is easy to replace on a removable BUIS, but less easy on a pistol from the factory IMHO.
Enjoy.

KAC-offset-Rail-Mount-rear.jpg d1.jpg 505588E2-EA35-4371-BB3B-D130B66D579D.jpg izsv.jpg rpb5.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Rain, snow, foggy glass or muddy conditions brings a thought concerning all glass optics and 45deg/1 o'clocks.
A 45 deg BUIS can be blown off with a hard puff of breath from the lungs.
Your Nalgege swig of water can also be spit onto the glass to clear the mud if needed in a worst case condition.
- 'just rambling thoughts.

KAC-offset-Rail-Mount.jpg frontrearup.jpg

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent posts Saltpinch! I am in the process of optimizing a build for my SCAR 17. I will be using it for hog hunting in FL, and moose in NH. I hunt on foot and not in a tree stand, so the distance will very form charging out the brush to 400 yards. I am trying to keep the build as light and streamline as possible without compromising durability and effectiveness. In the end, It seems that I always spend more on the accessories then the cost of the rifle. LOL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts