FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The system eats battery like crazy even if you follow the instruction and take out the batteries when it's not in use. Otherwise it works as advertise, but value added is minimum IMO. You get just as much value by practice dry firing with a run-of-the-mill laser. The whole point is committing the trigger pull with minimum movement to the aim into muscle memory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had it for about 3 days to try with FNX-45 and it didn't work very well. I also got the plastic trainer pistol for it and it didn't work well in that either. It did not consistently fire the laser, and I had to play around constantly with the battery and screw cap to get it to work after about an hour or so of trying it out. I sent them back. I got SureStrike lasers instead and they are MUCH better imho. I also have the laserlyte targets and the cans - the targets work well but the cans are cool but for some reason they go goofy too and don't operate consistently either; at least with the cans, when they aren't working it's obvious because the solenoid goes crazy and after turning them on and off a few times they usually work again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find it has helped on double action guns, especially the FNX with its heavy pull. And in single action 2 eyes open I can get very accurate with it. I think it will save a lot of ammo and pay for itself in the long run. I have a few hundred rounds with the FNX alone, working perfectly and nice not having to use snap caps. I'll post a longevity report later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts