FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the post says has anyone here used the FN FAL, DSA tactical, and or RA XCR in combat. Cant get into specifics but i'm doing security work in a forgein country and its time for a new weapon system. Has to be 308, semi auto and we are not allowed to use the M16/M4 for dust reasons and possibility of only being able to use dirty ammo. ( i dont make the rules just follow them). If anyone has any pros or cons to the weapon system or a suggestion other than the ones mentioned above please feel free to say so. Unfortunantly i cant wait for the SCAR H to come out. thank you for all your input.Thanks guys

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
RA XCR is out. It's a 5.56, 6.8, or 7.62X39 weapons platform at this point and they have not released a .308 version yet that I am aware of.

·
Registered
320 Posts
djv38 said:
RA XCR is out. It's a 5.56, 6.8, or 7.62X39 weapons platform at this point and they have not released a .308 version yet that I am aware of.
This is correct, we are looking at a possible early 09 release for the XCR-M, but RA is done with the 2 week nonsense so they are tight-lipped.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Never fired one in anger, but had a good friend that was in the Rhodesian Lite Infantry and he was fairly well sold on the FN FAL. But at that time the main .308 battle rifles were M-14s, FNs and G3s.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the post. My cousin served in the border war in South Africa and at the time was using the South African R1 but had a chance to use the FAL and said the same thing your friend did, that it was probably the best weapon next to the AK for the job

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a friend who was in the British army, loved his SLR (what they called the L1A1 FALs). Of course, over 90 countries issue/issued a FAL variant - they all can't be wrong...

FWIW - google "The legend of ol' dirty" - FAL that has gone over 14k rounds with the only cleaning being a trip thru a mud puddle around 7k rounds...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts