FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just trying to see what everyone is using out there for a red dot sight on a shotty.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i've thrown a holosun on mine.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
Generally my scatterguns are just bead or ghost rings, but I have a RDS on a couple of my oddball shotguns. I have a RMR-04 on my Vepr-12 SBS. The 7 MOA dot works well for a shorty shotgun, although it was too big for the FNX-45 Tac that it started life on. On my Tavor TS12 I have a Sig Romeo 5. It has been a pretty good fit.

I have a Vortex Venom that I'm trying to find a parking space for. I'm thinking maybe the FN SLP or the Beretta 1301.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Generally my scatterguns are just bead or ghost rings, but I have a RDS on a couple of my oddball shotguns. I have a RMR-04 on my Vepr-12 SBS. The 7 MOA dot works well for a shorty shotgun, although it was too big for the FNX-45 Tac that it started life on. On my Tavor TS12 I have a Sig Romeo 5. It has been a pretty good fit.

I have a Vortex Venom that I'm trying to find a parking space for. I'm thinking maybe the FN SLP or the Beretta 1301.
How do you like the TS12? Do you have BUIS on it? What sling do you use if any?

Sorry for the interrogation. This shotgun is quite interesting to me.

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
The TS12 is a hoot. I've had very good luck with a wide variety of 00 buck (pretty much all I shoot)...even the cheap S&B and Fiocchi that chokes the sh*t out of the Vepr that I mentioned above. It's not nearly as awkward to operate as I thought it was going to be.

I did put a set of Troy BUIS on it. Although if I pull it in too tight, or crane my neck too far, the rear sight will pop my in my shooting glasses. Mostly it's not an issue, but it will get your attention.

I use a Magpul sling on it. I did add a QD mount to one of the forward left side M-LOK slots.

Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
70 Posts
Meprolight M21 on a Shockwave with brace - my home defense shotgun.

Works well for me, but I am going to try a SeeAll on it next as that will be much lower profile.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Meprolight M21 on a Shockwave with brace - my home defense shotgun.

Works well for me, but I am going to try a SeeAll on it next as that will be much lower profile.
How is the DOT on the M21? Have you experienced wash out at all? I think it's amber if I'm not mistaken.

The SeeAll looks unique. It appears that eliminates the need for a front sight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All my shotguns have bead sights, Remington 870 Folder and Marine Magnum, Winchester 1300 and SBR, Franchi Spas 12 and Mossberg 500 but for my Benelli M4 I went with a RMR 6 MOA. Its good but not doesnt really make a difference

·
Registered
70 Posts
How is the DOT on the M21? Have you experienced wash out at all? I think it's amber if I'm not mistaken.

The SeeAll looks unique. It appears that eliminates the need for a front sight.
I have two of them. One is an amber crosshair ring reticle and the other is an amber dot. I prefer the crosshair/ring.

Yes, they will wash out to a degree. How much depends on the situation, but I cannot make them washout so much that I can't see them at all. They are fine in my forest (I have acreage with tall conifer trees) where there is plenty of shade. I have not tried it during the winter yet, but I think it will be fine for my usage. Any dual illuminated reticle that doesn't have a battery is going to have this problem - but I still much prefer them (I am a prepper, so I prefer a sighting system that still works without electronics).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mounted a red dot on my carry pistol and was so impressed I am planning on mounting the Burris Fastfire IV when it comes out later this summer on my HD 870. If it works the way I hope it does, I will mount one on my waterfowl gun as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts