FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to get one soon. Have the sling and EOtech all set. Just need the gun..

Show me your setups, if ya got 1... :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one, I'd post a pick but I left it stock. I only use the iron sights because it has been a nail driver since I took it out f the box. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to everyone. Incidentally my CX4 is 9mm.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I debated whether or not to get a 9mm or 40 cal, but I think I will get a 9mm one too.

I don't plan on getting a forward grip for it. I think I will leave it mostly stock, except for the Eotech and sling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I bought the storm 2 years ago it was to be a plinker so I bought it in 9mm, it also happened to be the only caliber available... You have plenty of handguns and the PS90 for home defense, so if I may add my opinion I'd say 9mm is best based on the price of ammo.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that is what I am thinking.

I kind of thought that the 40 cal might make a more powerful round. But on some other gun sites - I saw people stating that the 40 cal round isn't that great at long ranges. Plus, I am looking at something cheaper to shoot than the PS90. 9mm is ALMOST 1/3 the price (the price increases of ammo suck).

If I went with 40 cal, I would not save nearly as much.

The only consideration is that I may buy my 1st 40 cal gun later - a PX4. I was amazed at the recoil reduction on the 40 cal round (the rotating barrel doesn't do much for the 9mm recoil). So, having interchangable mags would be nice.

But, I think I'm gonna go the cheaper ammo way...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm already a member there - I'm everywhere dude! :lol: Been there for years.

Thanks, though... I've looked at all those messages...

No one has a photo of an eotech on the CX4 w/o a front grip, unfortunately.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a CX4 in 9mm but I ended up selling it. I bought it to work on my rifle skills at an indoor range that did not allow rifle calibers. However, part of working on rifle skills is working with a firearm that has a particular layout for its controls so you develop the correct muscle memory for using the safety, mag release, etc. The CX4 was not designed with that in mind. -For me, it just felt too much like a pistol with a rifle stock, so I sold it. I now primarily shoot at ranges that allow rifle calibers. I do not miss the CX4.

It's not a bad firearm, but its limits are glaring. I'm amused by some of the picture threads I have seen for these where individuals have tried to turn them into Battlestar Galactica / homeland defense firearms. I do not know if it is still up at the Beretta forum but some guy had attached a revolver in its holster to his CX4's sling, in case of zombies... -Hopefully, he has since figured out why that was counterproductive.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I want one to have another riflle that doesn't cost much. I've never been a huge rifle fanatic - which is one reason why I don't want an M4. I like the lightweightness of it, and that the controls ARE similar to a handgun. So, for what I want, it will suffice.

Thanks for the info, though...

100 yards is too far for me w/o magnification - so all my shooting w/ it will be 50 yards or less.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Congrats on coming over to the Cx4 camp.
It's still by far my favorite gun.
Mine is stock except for the el-cheapo BSA red dot which has been fantastic.
The .40 has been extreamly accurate!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wlcohen said:
Congrats on coming over to the Cx4 camp.
It's still by far my favorite gun.
Mine is stock except for the el-cheapo BSA red dot which has been fantastic.
The .40 has been extreamly accurate!

Kewl :? Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
156 Posts
ShipWreck said:
100 yards is too far for me w/o magnification - so all my shooting w/ it will be 50 yards or less.
It will handle that well. For your planned use and given your stated preferences, you will probably be pleased. I do not recall if you already own a Beretta handgun that uses the same mags, but the people who seem really thrilled with the CX4 platform are those who can use the same mags for two guns.

It's a little off topic, but when they made the .45 ACP variant of the CX4, I was surprised that they did not make a version that would be compatible with 1911 mags. Even if it required a small redesign of the grip/magwell, it seemed like a guaranteed moneymaker...

Enjoy your new acquisition.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I don't have a Beretta handgun currently - I did, and probably will again, however.

I'd get the 45 ACP version if they had stock 15-20 round mags for the thing.

But yea, I think I will enjoy it. Hell, I debated getting one last year or spending the money for the PS90. I bought the PS90 in Dec 2006 - but now I still want the Storm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
CX4 in my future

I definitely see a CX4 in my future and it will be a 9mm.
However, first new purchase priority will be a PX4 9mm (17rnd mag) to compliment my 92FS and FN5.7
I do not plan on getting too big a collection of guns, but want to mostly standardize on 9mm (except for the FN)
I will "show-and-tell" as the small collection builds

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: CX4 in my future

Legal Alien said:
I do not plan on getting too big a collection of guns
Yea, dream on :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My next 3 at this point are:

CX4 in 9mm
XD 45
PX4 in 40 cal (yes, I may actually buy my 1st 40 cal)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Re: CX4 in my future

ShipWreck said:
PX4 in 40 cal (yes, I may actually buy my 1st 40 cal)

If you are thinking about the Px4 in .40 then you must get the Cx4 in .40 also so you can share mags - it's an awesome combo

I got the Px4 .40 on my list also

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought about that - but the whole purpose of the CX4 is to shoot a rifle 1/3 the ammo price of the PS90. If I got with a 40 cal, that defeats the purpose.

And, as for the PX4 in 40 - I figure 1 day, I'd try a 40 cal for my collection - and the PX4's recoil in 40 is very low..

·
Registered
857 Posts
your talking maybe about $8 per 100 round difference
Really not a big deal at all. I buy my .40 target rounds at walmart, look for the 100 round Winchester white box

If you go with the 9 in the cx4 - consider going with the 9 in the Px4
It's just cool to have the interchangeable mags.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts