FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would never cut the foam correctly - that just isn't my skill set. I don't have the steadiest of hands, and I can't even glue a model together without a big mess :\\/::\\/:

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
I paid $300 for the P90 case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just ordered one of these from caseclub a few days ago. I started to to it myself...it would have cost $144 for the case with foam delivered from Amazon. In the end, I decided I couldn't make it look as nice, especially when doing the cutouts for the magazines on the top part. Also, I read somewhere that since the case is not that thick, that depth of the cuts is important, and I wasn't sure pluck foam depth would work right.

I do intend to cut out a spot for my five seven in it though. I think it should fit in the top right above the barrel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I order a case from Case Club a few weeks ago and it shipped yesterday and should be here next week. It was custom cut for the PS90 (16 inch barrel) w/ factory black ring optic, Five Seven pistol and 3 mags, and was able to squeeze a ~3x4" accessory slot in there as well. I worked with Andy at Case Club.

Gatorinlex - if you ordered a few days ago, you may be able to use my template before they send it to production and it will have the pistol cutout included. Just call them and ask for Andy.

IMG_1685.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, but it looks like it already shipped. That's exactly what I'm hoping to do with mine. I think I will be able to make it fit, but wish they had mentioned your template. I spoke with a couple people there and they never brought this up. Oh well, we'll see...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I always have a dilemma with hard cases. I purchased a stout Storm (Pelican) case for a different platform a while back.

I hardly ever use it and I paid all that money for it. It's great for long distance transport but that's about it.

These are the main reasons why it sees little use.

#1- It weighs a metric ton (for a case) it's a PITA for a simple range trip.

#2- It's long so it takes a little more work than I'd like to fit it in a vehicle.

#3- They say it's not good to store your firearm in a foam lined case due to rust issues (if I remember correctly).

So, most of the time I use a soft case but for some reason I can't bring myself to sell it.

With all that being said the PS90 case that the OP linked to is unique and conveniently small.

I could see this being used for regular range trips. Also, it looks like that polyethylene foam might not absorb moisture like a typical foam case.

It's a lot of coin for the OP's case but I do see the value in it. Usually, with cases you get what you pay for.

Or, you could buy a case and there are places that will custom cut foam for you. I don't know how the price would shake out.

Like these guys: http://www.mycasebuilder.com/

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is pretty cool.

Occassionally I see a dealer at some gun shows with precut foam and such. But it's usually for the large pelecan cases. And, I haven't seen him at a show in over a year.

I wish someone would sell the foam precut.

I know I have to take it apart to fit it in such a case, but that is fine with me.

I just can't bring myself to spend QUITE that much for the one in the link I posted

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I looked again. I see what you mean. I have seen some cases like that and they don't look too good. Yours looks nice. Only negative is you don't have the spot for the mags built into the cover. But that is still cool.

What pelican case is that?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked through our photo again. With a normal barrel, I do not think there would be room for even 1 mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just following up in the event anyone on the forum calls CaseClub and refers to my template. I received the case today and everything looks great with one exception. The barrel assembly cutout above the magazine opening was not quite right. I ended up using a sharp razor blade and was able to cut the section towards the front to get it to fit. They also glued the bottom to the case which I had asked them not to do.

Anyone ordering from them might want to send a trace of the upper barrel assembly to be sure it fits correctly. The generation of the PS90 must make a difference. Not a huge deal, but kind of irritating that I had to "customize" my custom-made case as soon as I got it. Here's a picture of the case.

IMG_1728.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts