21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the link. I would want the smaller case. I just wonder if the small case would work with the extended charging handles from mancave. And, I assume nothing could be on the side rails.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got an email reply back from them finally. I was told that my light would have to come off to make it fit in the case. And, it is doubtful my extended charging handles would work either - as the case is already a super tight fit (these make the gun wider too).

So, so much for that.... Damn....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Visit a photographic Store. Many upper end stores sell foam bocks with pre-scored 1/4 - 1/2 in squares. I have seen these in various thicknesses. I used to buy empty cases, a couple of these foam blocks, and remove squares to fit my camera/flash accessories.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Visit a photographic Store. Many upper end stores sell foam bocks with pre-scored 1/4 - 1/2 in squares. I have seen these in various thicknesses. I used to buy empty cases, a couple of these foam blocks, and remove squares to fit my camera/flash accessories.
There was a sale at Amazon a week ago for a pluck and pull long rifle case by Plano. Considered it for my SCAR. But, I've never cared for the look of the pluck foam. The ones cut for the gun look so much better.

Anyway - for now, I've given up on this - as my setup with the extended charging handles on both sizes prevent it from fitting in that pre-made case I linked to. If I get an opportunity to do a custom one some day from someone, maybe I will try it. There used to be a vendor at some of the Houston guns hows who would do the custom work. But, I haven't seen him at the last few shows this year - and, I never got a card, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think you won’t find this model for less money. If you find it the quality will be the worst ever. My advice is, try to make a little bit of money to buy a new one to avoid dangerous consequences. I also wanted to buy the similar model cheaper and it shot in my hand while cleaning it. So, you should be very careful with guns. Better use some services to make a little bit of free money and buy a good one even more expensive that 250$. I’ve used,for example, yourmoneygeek. It gave me the possibility to buy what ever I want. Have a look and be careful!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts