FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see AOW pump Remington shotguns all the time, but am having a hard time locating a source for an AOW side-by-side. It's my understanding that the Remi shotguns are purchased from the factory w/o a stock. That's what makes them AOW instead of SBS. Is this not an option for side-by-sides?

·
Banned
55 Posts
Shotgun reciever never had a stock installed = AOW
Shotgun reciever that had a stock installed = SBS

Pretty much all single & double barreled shotguns come with stocks installed from the factory.

The AOW made from pump shotguns are made from pistol gripped shotguns that never had a stock installed.

If you really want a double barreled shotgun AOW, you may have to contact a shotgun manufacterer and custom order a stockless shotgun with a "pistol grip" installed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quiet said:
If you really want a double barreled shotgun AOW, you may have to contact a shotgun manufacterer and custom order a stockless shotgun with a "pistol grip" installed.
I wonder how easy that would be to do? Hmm...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ithaca made a 20 gauge side by side AOW shotgun in the 20's and early 30's. It was called the Auto-Burglar. It was designed as a car and home defense gun.

Considering the amount of work that a side by side action takes to build properly, it isn't financially viable.

·
Registered
86 Posts
if you perm sleeve one of the bbls with a rifled bbl liner it becomes a combination gun and you can then cut the bbls off and register it as an AOW with or without a buttstock and it can all be done to a pre-existing shotgun, no need to start with a virgin rec. The only stipulations in the letter I have from BATFE on this subject are that the overall length remain 26" or greater

1 - 5 of 5 Posts