FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I thought I’d throw this out there and hopefully get some insight from Apex.
I recently purchased an unused apex heavy duty striker for my FNS9C. Once installed correctly went to the range to test it out I was getting light strikes roughly 11 out of 12 rounds with three different types of ammo. It was very frustrating. I even pulled out the internal striker return spring just to see if the new striker was hitting too soft. It did not improve at all. I went home and compared the primer impacts between the OEM and apex strikers and then compared the strikers themselves. I’ve come to the conclusion that the apex striker firing pin is shorter than OEM. Any insight would be much appreciated.A few side notes: all springs are brand new so I know it’s not week springs. Also the OEM striker is pre recall.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Apex is pretty good about getting back to you if you PM them here on the forum, or e-mail them.

I installed two Apex strikers (1 in a 4" FNS .40 and the other in an FNS .40 Compact). No light strike issues. I did notice the trigger pull got a little rougher. Pulled the Apex strikers back out and found the "dog leg" on the back of the Apex striker was a tad longer than on the factory striker. Commented on that here on the forum and Apex PM'd me within hours. I got did a little stoning on the strikers where the sear contacts them and cured both.

If Apex doesn't respond to your post after a day, e-mail them. You can go to their website to get their email address.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Apex responded promptly to my post. They told me call customer service and they will take care of me. I did and they answered immediately and now are sending me a replacement free of charge to hopefully solve the problem. Apex tactical’s customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Glad to hear. they (Apex) is on the ball about answering customers :D At least in my experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts