FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I like the looks of it. I really like to see it up next to the other SCAR charging handles. A video of it in use would be nice too.

I may be in the minority but I am still rocking the factory one on both of my scars.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Rofl $55? Yeah right.

I've got a similar IWC SCAR bolt handle and the problem with this angle is that you have less of a chance of catching your knuckles on optics, but increase the probability of catching on the barrel extension retention screws.

That said, I'm always interested in seeing comparisons and feedback on these designs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I received my Apex bolt handle today. The shaft of the Apex handle will not fit in the hole of my carrier. Not even close to going in. It is too large in diameter. I have not measured the two handles yet, but I will before I call Apex on Monday. The Apex shaft even looks larger than the stock shaft. Quality of the part is fantastic. Too bad it does not fit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I received my Apex bolt handle today. The shaft of the Apex handle will not fit in the hole of my carrier. Not even close to going in. It is too large in diameter. I have not measured the two handles yet, but I will before I call Apex on Monday. The Apex shaft even looks larger than the stock shaft. Quality of the part is fantastic. Too bad it does not fit.
Can you comment on the dimensions? I like my IWC SCAR Charger, but if you're not careful the barrel extension retaining screws will take a bite out of you. I'm wondering if this is any better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the IWC as well this looks a bit longer. Barrel retention screws, missing skin. It's wearing a permanent groove in my charging finger.

Fortune Favors The Bold!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update and Apology for Apex! Mine does fit.
I got out my caliper and measured three different handles form other brands. The Apex was only very slightly larger. With some twisting under pressure and a tap from a mallet, it went in. Sorry for saying it does not fit.
You can drag your knuckle across the barrel screws with his one too. Not sure it is any better than the IWC, just different.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I demo'ed an Apex handle.

I like everything about it except how slick / smooth it is. Some texturing would go a long way IMO. I REALLY wanted to like it, but in the end the slickness isn't for me.

I've gone back to the EACH after shooting a couple hundred rounds with the APEX.

I might give the IWC a try here, those scalloped cuts probably help the grip a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts