FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a lead on where to purchase an Apex trigger (flat) in RED for my 509?

I have contacted Apex directly and they can't (won't) give me an ETA as to when (if) they will be available again. I've been waiting all year to find one...I have already purchased the instalation jig and a replacement striker.

If one of you has one (NIB) for sale please let me know.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Here's an alternative, by any Apex flat bow 509 trigger available then have it Cerakoted red. Just a suggestion... YMMV

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Does anyone have a lead on where to purchase an Apex trigger (flat) in RED for my 509?

I have contacted Apex directly and they can't (won't) give me an ETA as to when (if) they will be available again. I've been waiting all year to find one...I have already purchased the instalation jig and a replacement striker.

If one of you has one (NIB) for sale please let me know.

Thanks for your help!
Can't help you on the issue of a red trigger, but I will vouch for the goodness that is the APEX trigger assembly. It is a serious improvement to an otherwise great pistol. Getting that one pin out is a pain in the rear. If you have the time and patience, send your gun in to Apex, and they will do it for you. If not, they put out a great video on how to DIY. Just buy an extra 1/16" punch or two. I broke one in the process and was glad to have a spare. Go slow. Be deliberate. It's worth it! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Here's an alternative, by any Apex flat bow 509 trigger available then have it Cerakoted red. Just a suggestion... YMMV
Does Cerakote bond to plastic? The body of the trigger is metal (pretty sure Al), but the middle "trigger safety" bit is some kind of hardened plastic. That said, red on the trigger body, black in the middle might look good! But again, YMMV, and only if you have a black/gray gun!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Does Cerakote bond to plastic? The body of the trigger is metal (pretty sure Al), but the middle "trigger safety" bit is some kind of hardened plastic. That said, red on the trigger body, black in the middle might look good! But again, YMMV, and only if you have a black/gray gun!

seems to work on the grip and light not sure how long this will hold up for though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts