FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a have a 509T that I am debating on using as my new carry. I know the 509 is a little larger, but I think it’s what I want. Does anyone carry this and if so what holster do you use? I’ve seen quite a few options around different forums and on Instagram, but don’t know much about the different brands. I did a search a few days ago and actually found one on the FN website for the 509T. It is appendix carry IWB and looks to be good quality, is made of kydex, and is able to fit an optic as well (which I don’t have yet). Does anyone have any use with this specific holster or have any recommendations? Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
132 Posts
JM Custom Kydex for an Appendix Carey holster.

No issues. I would recommend one of the foam wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fairly good size gun for appendix carry but doable. Also depends on your personal size, as this can effect the level of comfort and function with different styles of carry. Check out Crossbreed Holsters, I think they make good stuff and have great customer service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the FN brand holster for my 509t with and optic to carry appendix. I find it very comfortable and holds the gun securely. I also use it with my 509c tactical which has an optic as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I regularly carry a FS M&P, or an FNX-40, and carry them AIWB. I use LAS Concealment holsters for those and for my 509c, although JM and Blackstar are two other brands that I would also recommend.

As stated already, the foam wedge is highly recommended. It takes getting used to, but its definitely doable to carry a full size AIWB.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So, I have a have a 509T that I am debating on using as my new carry. I know the 509 is a little larger, but I think it’s what I want. Does anyone carry this and if so what holster do you use? I’ve seen quite a few options around different forums and on Instagram, but don’t know much about the different brands. I did a search a few days ago and actually found one on the FN website for the 509T. It is appendix carry IWB and looks to be good quality, is made of kydex, and is able to fit an optic as well (which I don’t have yet). Does anyone have any use with this specific holster or have any recommendations? Appreciate the help!
Vedder light tuck with a claw is what I use with an FNS compact. It largely disappears even with a shirt tucked in. Larger 509 may or may not be comfortable or concealable for you. Every gun and holster combo is different, as is the individual wearing it. I’m 5’10”, 165 lbs with medium frame and athletic build. AIWB isn’t going to be “comfortable”. It’s not uncomfortable for me. But it isn’t comfortable either. YMMV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts