FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a reason not to post this up but I really wanted to help some of you fellow SBR PS90 owners out there. I took 3 quick photos.

This is not a thorough review or anything. I just wanted to say that it all fits in a small discreet package.

I also have another larger Acteryx Khard pack for hiking that I will switch LBX pouches back and forth depending upon my activity.

Compartmentalized areas are divided into the following categories:
Power (solar, batteries, yaesu vx-8r, light, etc..)
Survival (Urban influenced tools, etc...)
Weapon (Cleaning, fixing, ammo, etc...)
Medical (Bandages, tools, comfort, Etc...)
Food (num nums, etc...)
Water (Filtration, bladder, purification, Etc...)

The 3 little bags you see are TAD Gear OP1s

The wolf grey gear is LBX Tactical stuff.

The way it all fits together is magic.

IMG_1923.jpeg IMG_1922.jpeg IMG_1925.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Nice set-up!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Not sure but I will swing by GGT tomorrow and let you know.
Thanks. I appreciate that. My wife and I are backpackers, and we have acquired some decent gear. Over the years, I have learned two things for sure about backpacks. Quality can't be beat, and is worth the price paid, assuming the gear is used. The other lesson was that it has to fit. Most frames are small, medium, and large with the measurement spanning from the base of the neck to the end of the lower back. Since I saw no frame sizes, I can only assume that the shoulder straps adjust via velcro within the frame. That's not really the best way to do it, but if the weight is kept low, it won't be a problem.

With the pack fitted properly, the weight distribution of the shoulders and hips should be approximately 30 and 70% respectively. You can't get this fit on a one-size-fits-all.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
There are two aluminum staves can be curved to the shape of your back if needed. Mine fit me perfectly so I never removed them.
Those are for the contour of the back, but are not adjustments for the length of the torso.

Look at the origin of the shoulder straps. See if they are actually velcroed in place. If so, the straps can be raised or lowered to fit torso length.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Check out this image taken from the link above. Notice how the weight is all on the shoulders. You can tell that the weight is all on the shoulders by looking at the waist belt. It is not pressing onto the hips as it should be, but rather is at an approximate 30 degree angle. The frame is too small for the man modeling the gear. He would end up carrying most of the load on his shoulders, instead of his hips.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Actually, that just shows how the straps adjust. I'm looking for how the straps attach to the frame of the pack at its origin. Don't worry, I'll call tomorrow.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I know, I'm a backpack snob. I've humped them and their loads for miles.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Awesome!!! I like it!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate that. My wife and I are backpackers, and we have acquired some decent gear. Over the years, I have learned two things for sure about backpacks. Quality can't be beat, and is worth the price paid, assuming the gear is used. The other lesson was that it has to fit. Most frames are small, medium, and large with the measurement spanning from the base of the neck to the end of the lower back. Since I saw no frame sizes, I can only assume that the shoulder straps adjust via velcro within the frame. That's not really the best way to do it, but if the weight is kept low, it won't be a problem.

With the pack fitted properly, the weight distribution of the shoulders and hips should be approximately 30 and 70% respectively. You can't get this fit on a one-size-fits-all.
Pic to follow in a few - the only adjustment point for the shoulder straps (sewn at the top) is at the bottom and adjustment points at the waist buckle - not like what you could expect on most Eberlestock tactical packs or assault packs....which I think your looking for Dobe - to offer a wider range of adjustment based on load. I will say this of the Kahrd - the additional accessory pouches w/hook and pile tape really make this pack a multi arrangement/multi load out SUPER easy to configure - I even like the level of detail - inside lining of the accessory pouches that has pile tape to act as additional padding sa for optics or anchor point secure items... and a really nice way to pack out and organize / and keep the load from shifting...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Thanks for the research and information. There is no doubt, you have yourself a top tier pack. I like the layout. I would like to try one on before I purchase.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts