FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new one and will get it in 2-3 business days. Just wondering if magazine issues have been the main problem with it? A search of the forum seemed to indicate that it was.

Thanks,

Pat

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have no mag issues in about 2k rounds. Using the same 3 that came with it. Never cleaned the internals yet. Have a bunch in box just in case :D

·
Premium Member
13,667 Posts
I sprayed my frames out when I received them while moving the magazine release back and forth and my mags fall right out:? They were a little sticky at first

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Both my FNX and FNXT drop empty mags no problem. They were a bit stiff at first but now they're nice and smooth.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Yes, that does seem to be the major issue. Mine works fine now and I only have 300 rounds through it so far (was stiff and the mags didn't drop free 100% of the time initially due to the mag release I believe).

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Mag release button on mine was a little tough at first. Never had an issue with the mags dropping.
That's what I meant when I said stiff, especially the right side. Clarity has never been one of my finer points.

Reactions: Shap

·
Registered
454 Posts
What is the specific mag issue with this gun? It's a tactical only thing?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its the only FN I own but my mags do not drop free, numerous hours spent manipulating the mag release and 300 rounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts