FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you carrying your 45 concealed?

I love the 45 offering but it seems a little bulky for the task.

Has me leaning toward 40.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The problem for me is theres not many holster choices for it or I would but I'm 6'3" 250lbs and live where you wear jackets and coats more then you don't. After new years I am sending my .45 out to be used as a model for a kydex holster then I will carry it regularly right now I carry a .45 1911 or a Styer M9A1 just depends on my mood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
blade-tech sells the UCH holster and others for the FNP-45. you may want to try those.

it fits my mtac from comp-tac that was molded for my xd45 pretty well. it seems to conceal about the same as the xd45 compact, but a slightly noticeable difference...nothing to complain about.

in my opinion this gun is very concealable, given the right holster setup. i would mainly stick with IWB and kydex or a leather/kydex hybrid (like the mtac).

Xlegionaire, i hope you are sending it to comp-tac so they can make molds for it. please, please say you are. i want an mtac for this so bad....lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
No I am sending it to Hoffners in Houston Tx. I got one of their holsters for my Styer M9A1 (they are the only ones that make a kydex holster for the Styer) and have loved their holsters ever since and have one for everything I own except the FNP .45. They hand make all their kydex holsters!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gentlemen
I carry my FN 45 in a uncle mikes IWB it works great I am 5'11 and weight 240lbs
Hides well and easy to access

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes.

I am 5'10-210 and carry mine concealed without any trouble.
I have a Blade-Tech paddle holster made for the FNP 45 and it carries well and comfortably under a wind breaker or coat.

I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe IWB. I don't generally like or use IWB holsters but the Crossbreed is certainly an exception. I am able to wear it with most clothing combinations and it is absolutely comfortable from the day's start to the day's end, even when engaged in significant physical activity. It also conceals much better than a paddle holster.

My problem is I want a retention device on my holsters and I haven't yet found a concealment holster with a retention device for the FNP 45. It could be a thumb snap or a more sophisticated device, but I have yet to find one.

Until I do, though, the Crossbreed hides it well and gives more retention than a paddle or OWB holster.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I first got my 45,I didn't think it could be used for CC. I decided I would try to make a IWB holster for it anyway. I started by slipping the gun inside my belt at variuos positions and angles. I sat in different chairs and the cars and found a spot behind my hip bone where it was very comfortable. I mentally marked the spots on the gun where it showed above the belt and started to design the holster. This is the result.

While it will never be a deep concealment gun, if you wear it with a untucked shirt or long jacket, it works quite well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have found that moving it so the belt clip is on the other side of the belt loop is best for me.

In the position shown in the pic the butt will stick out.
Moving it to the other side of the loop places the butt against the small of my back. It is comfortable to sit with it also in this position.
:?

·
Registered
217 Posts
NOW YOU SEE IT....................

NOW YOU DONT.....................

CLOSE UP.................

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice pics jrh3.

I found the position right behind the hip bone more comfortable when sitting and driving. The grip hugs the body tighter as well. The FNP45 is as carriable as any other ful sized handgun. :?

Yeah, I cold lose an inch or two from the waist. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
behind hip

My son says he won't carry in front of his hip cause he's afraid an AD might shoots his "possibles" off. I agreed and said it would be tough and he wouldn't be able to think anymore either! Over the years I've carried cross-draw to avoid strong side interference with my long gun, and driving seemed more comfortable too. I believe I'll try out this "just behind the hip" IWB position though. DM Bullard makes a nice leather for that. :?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It looks like the supertuck is the way to go for IWB...

You "supertuck" guys, did you have to go up a pant size to handle having the IWB setup?

What about your belt? Another 2 holes out?

The way I am looking at is... I have to get new pants, a belt and maybe longer shirts for the IWB. I guess I am just wondering if I should go OWB and just get the longer shirts :- ? I still need the "carry" belt to handle the weight of carrying.

I have the size to hide the gun, I am 250, 6'2", with a 40s belly (you know, your butt goes to your gut) :oops: . But being in Florida, I have to also take into account the heat of the summer... The 45 has to work, I don't want to go smaller, I love the longer sight radius of the larger guns... So please no "get a smaller gun", not going to happen ;) .

What are your thoughts of my above post?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would give the blade-tech UCH a very serious look for the FNP-45. i think its one of the best holster's i have ever used and my FNP-45 seems to disappear when im wearing it. its very easy on, even with the S-hook. im generally a comp-tac fan as well, so this is a nice alternative being that comp-tac does not yet make a holster for the FNP-45 (i'd love the mtac for this too).

i took a few pics of it, now just gotta find out how to upload so it can be seen. but my vote goes for the UCH, its a real winner. the edges are all smooth so it just slides in your waistband. very sturdy as well and basically one molded piece.

if it wasnt for my fat i would totally forget i had on the gun, let along a full sized BEAST with 15rds of .45 in it. in fact, with this holster the FNP-45 may very well become my new daily carry piece...pushing aside my XD45 compact...WOW.

·
Registered
107 Posts
KaliS-Pugilist said:
I would give the blade-tech UCH a very serious look for the FNP-45. i think its one of the best holster's i have ever used and my FNP-45 seems to disappear when im wearing it. its very easy on, even with the S-hook. im generally a comp-tac fan as well, so this is a nice alternative being that comp-tac does not yet make a holster for the FNP-45 (i'd love the mtac for this too).

i took a few pics of it, now just gotta find out how to upload so it can be seen. but my vote goes for the UCH, its a real winner. the edges are all smooth so it just slides in your waistband. very sturdy as well and basically one molded piece.

if it wasnt for my fat i would totally forget i had on the gun, let along a full sized BEAST with 15rds of .45 in it. in fact, with this holster the FNP-45 may very well become my new daily carry piece...pushing aside my XD45 compact...WOW.
I would like to see it... Check your PM box, I have sent you some info to help you along on getting photos hosted/posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok...im gonna post pics. but will make a new thread as this one could easily get hijacked...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts