FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feedback. I just bought a 17s and had planned to sell my AR10. However, I have never sold a gun...I just end up keeping them. So when I took her out to shoot some pics, I had second thoughts. I don't "have" to sell it. It was part of the equation of owning a scar. I'd thought to ask $900 for it but am unsure now. It's a fun gun, but I probably won't shoot it much with a scar in hand. I know I am the only one who can make that call, but figured I'd throw it out there for some ideas. Guns are the only thing I've been a packrat with (ok, knives and motorcycles too). What do y'all think?

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
I say if you still like it, keep it. Of course I never sell anything...so I'm probably the wrong person to give advice.

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I always have sellers remorse. Never buyers...

Reactions: bayonet14

·
Registered
604 Posts
I sold my Armalite carbine to finance my SCAR-H. I would have liked to have kept it, but that would mean having two guns that served the same purpose. If you don't have to sell it, keep it. If you're not sentimental about it, sell it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I sold both my Armalite AR10s when moving to the FN family :)

I had a 10T (infantry barrel, fixed stock) and a GAP-10 SASS built on an Armalite upper/lower.

Why?

Well, in part, I had no desire to keep separate magazines -- would rather standardize on one platform and pile mags deep instead of having lighter stacks of mags.

And moreso, I love the SCAR so much -- and it does exactly what I want and need to the point I just don't have any need or use for any of the others.

My $0.02? Sell the AR10. Re-invest most of that into further tricking out your SCAR. Gieselle trigger? 10 more mags? offset red dot? Whatever tickles your fancy. And then take a couple hundred of that new cash and do something fun with the missus (or the girlfriend or whomever) in part for putting up with your firearm obsessions :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
if you sell it, you have to buy another to replace it........
that's just good gun Karma!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Went through the same thing.....you loose nothing by holding onto it and if you want, you can always change your mind later on. :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good feedback guys. I was pretty much thinking that if I get what I ask, I may part with it. If not I keep it. That would pretty much pay for an FNX 45 tac which I would shoot more!

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
I have several FN's. I also still have my AR-10. :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts