FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
READ FROM BOTTOM OF LISTING UP!!!

Nice try. You went and deactivated the Georgia ad, and just put up an Illinois ad.

YOU JUST GOT BUSTED!!

FBI, USPS and ATF will be notified along with local PD

You better Keep looking over your shoulder.

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Lego Man wrote:

Yes this is the correct Rifle,i am selling a FN FS2000 Rifle for $1500 in Illinois and here is a link to my AD

ARMSLIST - For Sale: FN FS2000 Rifle?

Thanks

Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from me about FN FS2000 Rifle
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:15:19 -0600
To: [email protected]

I thought this rifle was in Georgia for $1500?

I just want to make sure I am sending money for the correct rifle.

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Lego Man wrote:

Great - thanks. I will hold it for you pending receipt of payment. Please send post office money order to:

Patrick Meehan
1310 Black Cherry Dr,
Rockford, IL 61108

I will insure and ship everything with original box the day after I have payment..Please send me your FFL info on where the Rifle would be shipped to

Thanks.

Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:11:22 -0600

Ok, sounds good. Yes, he will accept that way. What is the address I should send payment? Who should money order be made out to?

Thanks

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Lego Man wrote:

Asking $1500 and I'll be shipping as an individual to your FFL and i'll include a copy of my DL in it for his record and Transfer purpose.I assume your FFL accepts shipments from Individuals also.I will take a USPS Money Order

Thanks

Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:06:58 -0600

I didn't respond to an ad in Illinois.

How much did you want for the rifle? Can you ship to my FFL or want to meet face to face?

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:05 PM, Lego Man wrote:

Am in Illinois and you?

Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:02:29 -0600

Which one is this? I asked several different sellers about theirs? Which state?

On Mar 3, 2013, at 1:00 PM, Lego Man wrote:

Yes still available
where are you located?

Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 18:55:09 +0000
Subject: ARMSLIST - Message from me about FN FS2000 Rifle

Message from: me

I would like to purchase the FS. Please advise on how to proceed

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
787 Posts
Same guy had a listing in CO for a fde nib scar17 for 2,500 sent an email... Said he was in nevada.. Just a heads up on the same scammer

Am in nevada and you?

[HR][/HR]From:[email protected]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 00:44:00 +0000
Subject: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected]about FN SCAR 17s FDE w/mags

Message from:[email protected]

Pictures and location?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew it was a scam to begin with but was trying to rope the guy in. Tired of looking at fake FN listings. :spank:

·
Registered
1 Posts
He just tried to sale me a Les Baer .45. Two different listings. Mailing address in Illinois, listing I'm Florida. Got very defensive when I informed him my FFL wanted the SN prior to shipping.

I found the same exact pics for my Les Bar from a pistol on Colt Forums that sold two years ago. I confronted him on this and he replied that he forgot he bought it from an individual and not Les Bar. So far I'm 3 for 3 on Armslist fraud. I'm done with their site.

·
Registered
811 Posts
This is nothing new. I buy a lot of guitars and stuff too. Same ****. Just once I'd like to beat the **** out of one of these guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New guy here. Have a PS90, decided to add a FiveSeven pistol to the family. Found a reasonable ($1,200 incl shipping to my FFL) deal on a used one in North Carolina on Armslist. Agreed to buy, postal MO sent Tuesday USPS Express Mail, but seller is "in hospital can't ship till Saturday". Saturday comes, "still in hospital". More promises, no gun. I mentioned prosecution, she promises to ship next week but I'm not holding my breath. Just notified USPS Inspectors, local PD, ATF, FBI next. Won't make this mistake again.

FYI his/her email is [email protected]. Address was for
Susan McKinney at 599 Dawson St, P.O. Box 381, Grifton, NC 28530. After further questioning, "Susan" said she was "Michael". Said, "I'm a military man so you won't have any problems. You will receive your gun." Not holding my breath.

Great forum, BTW

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am so tired of armslist. I have been trying to sell my AR-50 for a few weeks and there are just as many scammers trying to buy as there are selling. I had no idea it was like that. Luckily between bad grammar, horrific spelling, and continual use of the same hardship circumstances they are pretty easy to spot.

·
Banned
746 Posts
I am tough as nails with Armslist buyers.

Make very clear your price is firm, no offers. Cash only FTF in neutral location. Legal ID. No trades. Must close deal in two days.

Etc.

Ignore the rest of the boneheads.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Would be nice to get rid of these guys. There is some idiot with the same pictures listing a Sig SG551 on there at least 3 times and on gunbroker and so on. Same pics different prices and locations.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Wow.

Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update: spoke with a Lieutenant in Grifton PD today. Very helpful, took a full report. When I gave the name Susan McKinney as the recipient of the Postal Money order, he said, oh you're the second guy to give her name lately. The Chief of Police was working on the other case, and the LT said he'll get back to me after he talks to him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts