FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all varations of the AR off the table if the assult ban goes through? I guess I'm asking cause I need to if I should I suck it up and buy now?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't think they will pass an AWB right now restricting guns. But I do think they will eventually pass a magazine ban restricting mag capacities. But if you have the extra change sure buy one. That's why I just bought the PS90. Now I need more money for mags.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I keep telling everyone that wants an AR to at least buy a striped AR lower for $135 bucks now, also to start buying mags. Every week at work I grab a few mags for all my rifles and some times a drum. Get em now before its to late.. You can always sell them if it never passes.

The HR10/22 ban will make it so you never be able to buy or sell a high cap mag or so called "Assault rifle's"... ever... this one will never expire if passed. :cry:

Most of us missed the boat in the 95 ban, I dont intend to miss this one...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
fatcat said:
I keep telling everyone that wants an AR to at least buy a striped AR lower for $135 bucks now, also to start buying mags. Every week at work I grab a few mags for all my rifles and some times a drum. Get em now before its to late.. You can always sell them if it never passes.

The HR10/22 ban will make it so you never be able to buy or sell a high cap mag or so called "Assault rifle's"... ever... this one will never expire if passed. :cry:

Most of us missed the boat in the 95 ban, I dont intend to miss this one...
Yes, U are right. I kept buying PS90 mags because of this.

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
8) :-x
I wouldn't worry so much about the ban as I would be worring more about Mommoud Wackajob! He has now basically said that if Isreal attacks Lebanon this summer they (the Iranians) will attack Isreal.

STOCK UP!!!!!!!!! :grin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with everybody, buy ARs or if not stripped lowers, mags and parts that were banned in the last AWB like flash hiders, FSB with bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks.

The ammo will have to wait because of the current shortage due to the military tripled their ammo orders, hmmm maybe they're getting ready to attack Iran.

·
Vendor
5,652 Posts
"The ammo will have to wait because of the current shortage due to the military tripled their ammo orders, hmmm maybe they're getting ready to attack Iran."

I truely hope so!!!! We have to stop them befor they get the BOMB!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've read reports that ammo like .308 is running 3 to 9 month on back order if they can get it at all! This does not bode well for ammo prices either!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, where I work we used to sell ammo by the thousands of rounds.. now we are lucky if we can get some guatemalan 556 for under 8 bucks per 30 rounds and even *Cringes* Wolf in under 3 months an ok price.

Same with alot of .308.. Glad I stocked up years ago....

So much for dumping all my AK and C-mags anymore :(

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I managed to get three AR's built and a good number of mags. I bought ammo over year ago when the price of metals started going up. Glad I did.

TA

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I did not think that the 1989 ban would come about, but it did. In a political atmosphere of compromise, who knows. With low prices on certain items, some purchases may not be a bad idea as value should only increase with time.

Had I only knew in 1988 what I know now!

·
Registered
302 Posts
AGG said:
Had I only knew in 1988 what I know now!
If we only knew in 1986 what we knew now about NFA toys.. M-11 $300 bucks.. Now? $3000-4000 M-16 $1000 now 13-16K Minigun then $60,000 now? $500,000

Just shows when it comes to guns buy when you still can and keep them around at least.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts