Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal SLR-107CR

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm looking to put one of these on layaway by tuesday. Besides cosmetic differences why should I buy one over the other. Please list all pros and cons for each one, also I only have enough money to buy one of these so both is NOT an option. Anyone with pictures please post them.

The first one I'm looking at is the SLR-107FR

The second one is the SLR-107CR

These are my two options, I only want an AK in the 7.62x39 caliber, so no other model recommendations please. I can place a call on Monday and have either one held for me, they are also both the same price. I have looked at and held both, they both appear to have equal fit and finish.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods I guess I should have put this in Black Rifles can you move it for me thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you have thoughts about making the CR into a Short Barrel Rifle (SBR), then buy that one, as I think the midlength AK's are some of the best balanced and most practical of their breed.

If you do not live in a SBR friendly state or just don't want to go through the motions, get the full size FR.

Make sure the FR has a muzzle brake, not the flash suppressor. Some of the early rifles that were shipped with the flash suppressor had some zeroing issues which would require a trip back to Arsenal.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
CR.

I have a similar "muzzle brake" looking thing on an AR that looks like the one on the FR. That thing doubles the concusion, it really sux. If you get the FR you will be wanting to get that thing off I would expect.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The real Russian/Bulgarian muzzle brakes are constructed differently than the US made ones that go on AR's, and the concussion isn't nearly as bad.

Also, the 5.56mm round is much higher pressure and velocity than the 7.62x39mm and gives a significantly higher concussion when used with the US made "AK brakes" than any others.

The main reason you want to find one with the brake is that the early ones that were sent out with flash suppressors are known problem children. The later ones with the AK-103 brake are good to go.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
copy that, thanks for the info I'll have to see what tomorrow brings :eek:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
local gun shop, i've been a loyal customer the last seven years so they know i'm good for it, with christmas coming i don't want to put down a ton of money right now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts