FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an FN 5.7 Pistol three years ago and now it is very painful to grip and rack the slide. I have Osteoarthritis in both hands. My Question is : Does Anyone manufacture a Slide Racker for the 5.7 ?
I use them on my Competition Handguns such as Glock, STI, etc., and they really help. I am New to the FN Forums, and a Retired Firearms Dealer (37 yrs.). I sincerely hope someone has a solution to this issue, as I believe the 5.7 to be an adequate carry defense weapon.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Welcome to our lovely Forum!
Hope you find what your looking for! have never heard of one being made for the FN Five-seveN

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to our lovely Forum!
Hope you find what your looking for! have never heard of one being made for the FN Five-seveN
I really like the Pistol, and also have a 5.7 Upper, with a Leitz Elcan, mounted on a AR Lower. I’m hoping these two Firearms are more than sufficient for Protection of My Domicile. Luckily, I purchased plenty of Ammo when prices were Much Lower. I may end up hand-crafting a Racker to suit my needs. I’ve wondered if a small Optical Sight would be stout enough to use as a Racker.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Reactions: Big Muddy

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Could go with a rear sight replacement with RDS or DT-CAOS slide, or if I'm allowed to mention EA has made a device for someone in the past to help as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That could work and as luck would have it Trijicon just released their new RMRcc the (cc) standing for concealed carry. It's designed specifically for pistols and is beyond stout. The only issue would be how to mount it.

Be careful which Red Dot sight you get. I purchased a Trijicon RMRcc for my FN 509 and it did not fit. I'm waiting for my RMR Trijicon to arrive, which per Trijicon is a bolt-on. I do not know which sight fits the 57 but I would ask Trijicon what they recommend. They were quite responsive and helpful in my 509 quandary. And Trijicon is among the best of the best - good advice to use them. FYI, their RMRcc uses a #5 screw (5-32, I think) and the RMR uses a larger #6 screw, which will make it stronger.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Be careful which Red Dot sight you get. I purchased a Trijicon RMRcc for my FN 509 and it did not fit. I'm waiting for my RMR Trijicon to arrive, which per Trijicon is a bolt-on. I do not know which sight fits the 57 but I would ask Trijicon what they recommend. They were quite responsive and helpful in my 509 quandary. And Trijicon is among the best of the best - good advice to use them. FYI, their RMRcc uses a #5 screw (5-32, I think) and the RMR uses a larger #6 screw, which will make it stronger.
The issue with the RMRcc/509 to my understanding is at the moment no mounting plate exists. Knowing Trijicon this should be addressed fairly soon. If you've read any of the reviews on the "cc" Trijicon had reviewers repeatedly rack slides with it against 4x4's. Like it's big brother RMR they're built like tanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As others said. An RMR, mounted in place of the rear sight might work. Seems like it would be sturdy enough to rack from.

·
Registered
107 Posts
AultGM,

I also have problems due to arthritis in both thumbs.
Not sure which method you use to rack. I use the slingshot/pinch method.
Many pistols are very hard to rack because of pain and lessened thumb strength.

The FN 57 does have a slide racker. It's the small ears at the extreme rear of the slide.
They work for me.

I tried my racker from Handi-Racker.com, it doesn't work as well on the 57. It sometimes slips off.
If you want to try it, get the full size.

If you want a red dot sight, yes, they work very for racking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts