FN Herstal Firearms banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yes, the mags flex / swell noticeably when being loaded but snap back into place when the round is in.

Round sitting on top before insertion.

Insertion

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I noticed the mag flex also. I also noticed, on the ones I tested this weekend, that they didn't want to seat right with 28 loaded (probably due to the pressure on the springs). I didn't see the same problems in the second order i received (which came in after I had left). And they are hard to load. However, I ran 25 rounds through, as well as dropped and tossed around and had no ejections on dropped and tossing, no ftf's or fte's when firing. Mags seem fine if a little hard to load. For what they are and were (a reported guarantee when no other mags were available, as well as a 25 round durable mag). Popular no. Nice to own something slightly different, sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally received the mags yesterday.... one extra fde mag was provided as a compensation for the delay. Haven't tried anything yet. Good looking mags

·
Registered
39 Posts
I noticed the mag flex also. I also noticed, on the ones I tested this weekend, that they didn't want to seat right with 28 loaded (probably due to the pressure on the springs). I didn't see the same problems in the second order i received (which came in after I had left). And they are hard to load. However, I ran 25 rounds through, as well as dropped and tossed around and had no ejections on dropped and tossing, no ftf's or fte's when firing. Mags seem fine if a little hard to load. For what they are and were (a reported guarantee when no other mags were available, as well as a 25 round durable mag). Popular no. Nice to own something slightly different, sure.
My 3 mags seem to function at 25 rounds after a bit of playing around with graphite, and maybe the two springs were binding, and disassembling and reassembly helped out, I am not sure. I mentioned that flexing of the mag like in Rhino's picture, it was a little worrisome, like filling a ballon right to the edge before it pops, but like e said, popped right back and inserted in the mag well fine. I still prefer the steel 20 round, mainly it's a bit easier to load, and I can drop to a lower prone. Just my opinion. I'll keep the MLI mags for when the zombies rise. Overall, the biggest improvemt ont Scar is the Giesselle trigger, but that's for another thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bumping up this thread, sorry.

I got my mags(and we will just say they may have arrived in june) after emailing them the second to last day of June asking if I could have a tracking number or a refund if they couldn't get them to me before the July mag ban. Seems they forgot to send them.

I'll consider it a loss and eat the money. The mags have to be slammed in like a recruits abused stanag first day at the range of boot camp.

I got the first loaded up to 24 and six rounds spat out the top. I've had all five sitting in the closet loaded up for three weeks and four rounds have popped out total.

MOST IMPORTANLY

I dry cycled the first mag I loaded to see if there were issues. Had an unintentional discharge. I should have been paying attention to the ejected rounds. One did not eject and the next round struck it's primer on the top edge. After some inspection, it appears the carrier group may be hitting or catching part of the mag and not allowing the extractor to fully catch. I've yet to fire them.

Thankfully I'm safety conscious enough to have been wearing eye pro and had the weapon pointed in a safe direction at a backstop. It could have been the mag, it could have been my manual cycling. Either way I will not load them into the rifle until I am in a place where I know I can do so without injuring someone on the firing line.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts