FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assault with a deadly peanut?

She's also accused of damaging car

Police say it's a case of assault with a deadly peanut.

Robyn Lee, 23, of Corryville, was charged with aggravated assault after being accused of trying to cram a peanut in the mouth of her allergic neighbor Saturday evening. Lee appeared in court Monday on the peanut charge and a related criminal damaging charge.

According to police and court records, Lee was riding in a car with a neighbor, Shenna Ferguson, just after 6 p.m., when she allegedly tried to put the peanut in Ferguson's mouth.

"I told her to stop because I was very (allergic) to peanuts," Ferguson wrote in an affidavit. "She laughed."

The women headed to the Tri-County Mall in Springdale, where Lee continued to taunt her, Ferguson said.

"She told me don't forget about the peanuts," Ferguson wrote. "Once she said that I shut up."

Lee allegedly threw peanuts at Ferguson when the women reached the mall. Ferguson went inside, then returned to her car to fetch an ATM card. She noticed Lee was stooped near Ferguson's gold Chrysler, "messing with my tires."

The windshield wipers were torn off, the car was keyed and the tires were deflated, Ferguson wrote.

A judge set Lee's bond at $5,000 and ordered her to stay away from Ferguson. There were no indications that Ferguson had suffered an allergic reaction after the alleged peanut attack.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080722/NEWS0107/807220309/

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sounds like bio-terrorism to me. Maybe running around with a bee stinger would be more effective. :lol:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
B52U said:
Sounds like bio-terrorism to me. Maybe running around with a bee stinger would be more effective. :lol:
HAHA! Beware of evil peanuts!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I know this might sound strange, but some people have such a bad allergic reaction to peanuts that ingesting one peanut could kill them. I've seen children with peanut allergies that are so bad that if they even touch peanut butter they will have a reaction.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea i have heard of ppl like this.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I wish there was a way to determine the cause of those kinds of allergy's. Makes me wonder if exposure at an early age could help prevent those types of extreme reactions later in life. Makes me wonder if I should feed my kid more peanut butter as a toddler. How do people find out they have the allergy without killing themselves to find out?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Not to get too deep into the hole allergy thing, but you have to be exposed to something to become allergic to it. Allergies are a Histomene responce to a substance. There are treatments for allergies that involve a butt load of shots over a 6 month timeframe (it ain't cheap) and success veries. The thing that you have to understand is that a Histomene responce is a defence mechanism by your body, so you cant get rid of it. The problem is the hypersenitivity.

To the question about exposing kids at a young age to something to help them build up a resistance. Sorry, but evidence shows that that won't work. Unless your trying to get your kids to eat their veggies and are using the allergies scare on them as to why they should eat them. :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts