FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At long last...my new Sig P226 MK25

As some may have noted, I tend to be a little on the easily distracted side. I'll often make some proclamation about my next gun, only to end up with something completely different. My parents should have named me Jack, because I'm the guy who would bring home magic beans. I've had my eye on the MK25 for some time. I always say "Yep, next gun will be the MK25". No one actually believes me, mind you. Hell, I'm usually skeptical myself. But for once I followed through. And she is in my hands today.

I also picked up a Streamlight TLR-1 HL for it to wear. I've had a TLR-1s on my PS90 for some time, and have been very happy with it. The HL is a nice step up in the brightness department.

So now I'm finally ready to start squirreling away for a suppressor. I'm going to go with a Octane 45, so I can share with my Tactical. I still have to secure the funds...and that will be a little while given this purchase and the vet bill from last week. So realistically it will be well into next summer/fall before I actually see it. But I'm going to try to parlay this new found focus into another tangible goal completed. Unless of course a sexy Tavor comes strutting by....

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Well just look at you AK, all Sig Sauer'd out. You are going to get an E.A.C.H. and S.O.A.M.R. for it right? :icon_think:

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just look at you AK, all Sig Sauer'd out. You are going to get an E.A.C.H. and S.O.A.M.R. for it right? :icon_think:
I think that may take some modifications that, quite frankly, are out of my league. I think I'll stick with a holster.

Reactions: mjk1 and SeaMac

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would trade my fns in a heartbeat for the mk25. I like it and all but that sig is something else. I have no pride of ownership in my fns. Its simply a tool. My 35s for my yukon sucked up my new gun money :(

CONGRATS and enjoy it!!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
That was an excellent choice Scott. I am sure it will treat you right. I am going to warn you though, you will lose a little bit of sleep over your first supressor acquisitions. I had a dream about a Saker 762 the other night. I have a problem. :-D

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I keep hoping I win the Saker 762 NRA giveaway :mrgreen:

But I doubt that'll happen. So, looks like I'll have to buy one next year.
It sucks to have one sitting somewhere waiting for some guy to tell you its OK to use it... I think that's what is bothering me the most. And seeing how patient Scott is I can imagine why he hasnt purchased one yet.

Sorry for the derail good buddy. Nice pistol!

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It sucks to have one sitting somewhere waiting for some guy to tell you its OK to use it... I think that's what is bothering me the most. And seeing how patient Scott is I can imagine why he hasnt purchased one yet.

Sorry for the derail good buddy. Nice pistol!
Surely your not insinuating in some way that I'm impatient?

Because that's a gross understatement.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Surely your not insinuating in some way that I'm impatient?

Because that's a gross understatement.
No siree. I would never alude to the fact that you probably have trouble waiting for a bowl of cereal to be made :-D but really though I am pretty damned impatient myself so that is why I warned you about the sleep loss. Just accept it and move on. It makes it easy to see why people get so damned excited when their supressor clears.

Conversely its pretty F'd up the atf makes us feel like we are getting permission from our parents to do something fun and naughty.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I knew you would get one. Looks great. Now you won't sleep until you get a suppressor. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts