FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us with an at&t plan that use limited data, at&t is offering a new plan. You get unlimited phone time, unlimited texting, unlimited international texting, and 2GB of shared data. The cost is $45 plus $25 for each line. In my case, my wife and I seldomely use our 300MB of data each month but our basic plan was around $140 per month for 550 rollover, unlimited text, and 300 MB of data each. With this new plan, we get more and more data and with the mil discount offered by AT&T, this new plan will now cost me about $80 per month, with taxes.

You can find the plan data on the AT&T website. There are other options on the data part for more data if you need it.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
What if you want 3 GB of data??? I know someone who uses AT&T, have a plan since July, can they change it???

·
Registered
41 Posts
We just started with AT&T in January. Two iPhone 5s's, with unlimited Talk, and Text, with 2 GB data for $135/mo. After seeing a new commercial about 6 lines with 10GB for $160/mo, I re-visited my ATT and reviewed what alternative plan options we had, and found I could modify my plan, and get 10GB/mo, unlimited Text and Talk for $130/mo. A new pricing plan, without adding to my contract length. I jumped on that. $5 less/mo, plus 8 additional GB's of data.

Basically we were not informed by AT&T about the new pricing plan - that's a shocker! When I saw the commercial, I thought, that sucks, but when I went to our account, it showed the new pricing plans. It mentioned that if we started service prior to February, we were eligible for the new pricing structure.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I'll have to tell them to look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
876 Posts
AT&T's new plans still stink because they don't offer unlimited data. Luck for me I had a family plan and got the first gen iPhone's. Back when the first iPhone came out they offered unlimited data for $30. I keep getting grandfathered whenever I get a new iPhone, but AT&T is always trying to sell me on the $25 data plan.

·
Administrator
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not all of us got data plans when they were first available. I had no need for a data plan until last Sept so I was never offered an unlimited data plan for $25 or $30. This is for people that are not grandfathered into their plans.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
For those that don't use much data, try ringplus.com It is an ad based program,an off shoot of sprint and they offer various plans. One plan is BYOB, where you bring your own older phone, OH, it's free. There are only a few times you can sign up for free, but their pay plans can't be beat!! You can check your current phones compatibility at the site... http://ringplus.net/

2014 Free BYOSD Plan

• Only Available During Promotions
  • 200 Voice Minutes
  • 500 Global Text Messages
  • 10 Megabytes 3G/LTE Data
  • 2¢ per Minute
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per Text
  • Extraordinary International Rates
  • Access to In-Call Apps & RingPlus Radio
  • No Contract
  • Subject to Usage "Rules of the Road"
I signed up for the free one with my old sprint Touch pro 2 as a backup phone. They also have a a few other pay plans which I signed up a $10 "bella" with a kyocera Hydro phone i got from target. they use the sprint network so your mileage may vary.

$1.99 BYOSD
Kate

• Ideal for the cellular minimalist
  • 50 Minutes
  • 10 SMS
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute & SMS
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio w/ Deals & Ads
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract
[HR][/HR]

$7.99 BYOSD
Hazel

• 300 Minutes of Voice
  • 300 Text Messages
  • 2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute & SMS
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract
[HR][/HR]

$9.99 BYOSD
Bella

• 400 Minutes of Voice
  • 400 Text Messages
  • 300 MB of Data (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage Minute, SMS, Data
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract

$35 Unlimited
The Rex

• Unlimited Minutes of Voice
  • Unlimited Messages of Text
  • 1.2GB of Data (LTE & 3G)
  • 2¢ per overage MB
  • Nationwide Coverage
  • RingPlus Radio
  • Access to In-Call Apps
  • No Contract
[HR][/HR]

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not all of us got data plans when they were first available. I had no need for a data plan until last Sept so I was never offered an unlimited data plan for $25 or $30. This is for people that are not grandfathered into their plans.
Yup, I have never had much use for the data plans. I rarely surf the internet on my phone, play games, watch videos. None of that crap. I have better things to do.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yup, I have never had much use for the data plans. I rarely surf the internet on my phone, play games, watch videos. None of that crap. I have better things to do.
I wish that I could get away from all of it to, but my line of work requires me to have to be in constant contact. At least I don't have to carry a laptop where ever I go now and my phone can do pretty much do everything I need. Honestly the best part of having a smart phone is catching up on responding to emails when I take a dump.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for this. You reminded me to get off my lazy butt and call ATT to change my plan. Saved me 150 bux per month!

For those of us with an at&t plan that use limited data, at&t is offering a new plan. You get unlimited phone time, unlimited texting, unlimited international texting, and 2GB of shared data. The cost is $45 plus $25 for each line. In my case, my wife and I seldomely use our 300MB of data each month but our basic plan was around $140 per month for 550 rollover, unlimited text, and 300 MB of data each. With this new plan, we get more and more data and with the mil discount offered by AT&T, this new plan will now cost me about $80 per month, with taxes.

You can find the plan data on the AT&T website. There are other options on the data part for more data if you need it.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Seriously, thanks for posting this. My wife and I were in-contract with ATT on the Family Talk Plan for Unlimited Phone, Unlimited Text, and 300MB data ($20 each line) or 3GB data ($30 each line). The 300MB data was usually enough but some months one or both of us had to bump to 3GB for the extra cost. Bills varied between $144 and $166 a month. Now after communicating with a rep through the ATT web site chat function, we are both moved into this new Mobile Share plan for approx $90 a month. 2GB of shared data is more than enough and saving between $54 and $76 a month is just what we need right now. :?

·
Administrator
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad I was able to help some fellow members. In these times, every penney saved from these money sucking conglomerates is a win for the little guy.

For some of us this can be a substantial savings on a monthly basis. For me, it means savings of around $720 per year.

Lots more ammo or more firearms may be in my near future....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts