FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from Walmart, and I noticed their ammo prices went up once again. Winchester 115 grain ball 9mm ammo is now 19.95 per 100 rounds. Remington .223 55 grain FMJ 20 rounds per box is now 9.95 a box. When I bought 1000 rounds of this ammo at walmart it was 6 someting a box, and a guy I know needed money fast so he sold me a walmart gift card for 1/2 price. So I basically got most of the ammo at ruffle 3 something a box. :? I still got a sh*t load of it, and I was wondering does anyone use it for target ammo? I`ll snap a picture of the box here in a second. I wonder if I should keep it or sell it, and make a few dollars. What do you think guys?

·
Registered
408 Posts
May want to check local and federal laws about selling ammo for profit. I believe you have to have a federal tax stamp in order to sell it for profit.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is the dumbest thing i ever like people selling ammo on gunbroker or on here or there arent making a few bucks more then when they 1st bought the ammo. Fine I paid 20 a box now i`m losing money better?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tell it to the Fed's, I could give a crap what you do, I was just trying to help you so you don't get in trouble. Next time don't ask for advice if you don't wanna listen to it.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess you missed the part when i asked if anyone uses this ammo for target practice, but feeble minded people tend to see only what they want.

·
Registered
408 Posts
you call me feeble minded when I answered part of the question you posted, wow... your welcome.

Zhur

·
Registered
408 Posts
ps... I shoot it all the time, in fact, it can be had even at todays prices from Walmart cheaper than you can get most surplus ammo, so shoot the hell out of it. It's decent ammo.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is what i wanted to know i have yet to fire any of this ammo I also heard .223 ammo doesnt have the same muzzle energy as 5.56 ammo and your not supposed to fire 5.56 ammo in a .223 cal firearm due to the pressure.

·
Registered
408 Posts
well, if you are shooting it out of an FS2000 or an AR-15, you are covered, as they are chambered for the 5.56, not .223. The difference is in that 5.56 brass is a tad bit thicker, therefore causing some higher pressures. If I remember correctly though, you'd be hard pressed to find a modern gun not able to handle 5.56, but either way, it doesn't matter as what you have there is .223, shoot it all day in your 5.56 or your .223 caliber rifles.

Now, if the box said 5.56 on the outside, you might wanna be careful.

Zhur

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok well i got a sw mp15 and a savage .223 bolt so i`m guessing i shouldnt fire 5.56 ammo out of the bolt action, but the .223 rounds are ok in the sw mp15 or any other mil spec rifle with 5.56

·
Registered
408 Posts
But only on every third Tuesday when there's $9.99 any topping pizza's for sale.

(in other words, yes)

zhur

1 - 19 of 19 Posts