FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon:

We are pleased to announce the following updates to the eForms system:

1. Performance enhancements – We were able to address some of the technical issues. You will see improvements in the overall performance of the system.

2. We are able to add the ATF Form 1 back to the eForms system. Our plans are to closely monitor the performance of the system in order to determine if we will be able to add additional forms back to the system.

Below is an update on the status on our processing of paper and electronic NFA applications. In the future, this information will be available through links on the eForms login screen:

In follow-up to ATF’s letter dated April 16, 2014, regarding the status of the eForms system; this update is being provided to inform the industry of ATF’s progress in addressing eForms and paper NFA applications. To accommodate the substantial increase in application volume that has recently occurred, ATF is working diligently to decrease processing times while continuing to enhance the eForms platform.

What is our progress to date?

From a peak of over 81,000 pending NFA applications at the end of February 2014, as of June 18, 2014, ATF has reduced the number to less than 63,000 applications pending (23% reduction in pending applications). In the last four weeks, although the NFA Branch received over 17,800 applications we processed more than 22,400 applications.

ATF.png

The statistics in the table below represent the processing of NFA Forms over the past four weeks.

NFA FORMS PROCESSED BY WEEK

Date (Week of)

5/28/2014

6/4/2014

6/11/2014

6/18/2014

All Forms

eForms

Paper Forms

At the same time, ATF has directed additional resources to NFA application processing:

· There are currently 15 Legal Instrument Examiner (LIE) applicants currently in the background investigation phase of hiring.

· The use of overtime funding has been authorized for those employees processing NFA applications.

· ATF has cross-trained LIEs from various other ATF branches to support NFA application processing. This is an ongoing process and has already beneficially impacted application processing.

· ATF has dedicated additional data entry contract resources to reduce the time it takes for an application to be entered into the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR). As a result, data entry time has already been reduced from eight weeks to two weeks.

If you have any questions regarding any of the information included in this email, you may contact us through the eForms system by using “Ask the Experts” or by emailing us at eforms.admin_atf.gov.

Thank you for your continued support of eForms.

·
Registered
841 Posts
This is awesome news. Just saw the email myself.

Contemplating SBR'ing my 17S even without actual intention to purchase the shorter barrel on it anytime soon... just knowing the door might close for the foreseeable future in 6 months...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you do - I think you will like it - it is nice having the 13" barrel and even w/my AAC 7.62 SD its right back around 16"
Want I need is my SF SOCOM 7.62 Mini to be approved ::FF::

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
So I myself can use E-forms for a form 1, or do I need to go to a dealer who is registered for E-forms to use it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You beat me to it. I thought I was going to be doing a happy dance when I saw ATF in the subject. So they're adding form 1 back but all this time they said they expect 3 & 4 to return very soon. Gonna go SBR my 16 & 17 but I would like to go ahead and form 4 the SilencerCo Sparrow SS and SureFire SOCOM 556 RC while I'm there.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just when I thought some house projects were gonna finally get done...thx for the heads up!

On another note, anybody think it's just a bit ironic that the person making decisions on your 2nd Amendment protections refereed to as LIE-Legal Instrument Examiner?? Life is so full of irony...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: roaddog359

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Did one today. we shall see.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS
Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXX
Your Reference No:
Submission Date: 2014-06-28-04:00
Form ID: ATF Form 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

Please logon to the eForms site for more details.
If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750

Thank you for using eForms.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I guess I'm doing 1 right now...

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Did one Sunday. Does anyone recall what the last day eFiling was available before they took it down?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
It looks to me like the Form 6 is the only one still up !
Never the less I'm in the system.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think that if you have already submitted an eForm in the past for a SBR that it was also saved as a draft. From what I understand, if you still have that draft in your profile you can go in and modify it then submit it again. So say you did a Form 1 to SBR an AR 15 back in February then submitted it and its now in process. You will have that Form 1 as a draft in your profile. Go in and modify I accordingly to do an SBR for your SCAR then submit it. I've heard that some people did this and it worked.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I think that if you have already submitted an eForm in the past for a SBR that it was also saved as a draft. From what I understand, if you still have that draft in your profile you can go in and modify it then submit it again. So say you did a Form 1 to SBR an AR 15 back in February then submitted it and its now in process. You will have that Form 1 as a draft in your profile. Go in and modify I accordingly to do an SBR for your SCAR then submit it. I've heard that some people did this and it worked.

Correct - had to use my saved form 1s after I had to re-submit due to an error on my part. I would recommend you save a copy/draft to use as reference and submittal should you file a future form 1

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I guess I will have to wait until it opens up. I went to my local NFA guy and he was looking into a can " bundle " for us ... I asked him about the e-form ( Form 1 ) and he was supposed to be checking what to do exactly.. So I tried myself only to find out it is just working for a Form 6 ?
Can anyone clear one of their saved copies and email a blank form to me ?
I would try that ? No big deal... I should have jumped on this as soon as MI went legal for SBR's a few months back. I was trying to incorporate the cans & sbr into 1 deal and only have the finger print stuff done ( all at once )... Kind of my bad. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I guess I will have to wait until it opens up. I went to my local NFA guy and he was looking into a can " bundle " for us ... I asked him about the e-form ( Form 1 ) and he was supposed to be checking what to do exactly.. So I tried myself only to find out it is just working for a Form 6 ?
Can anyone clear one of their saved copies and email a blank form to me ?
I would try that ? No big deal... I should have jumped on this as soon as MI went legal for SBR's a few months back. I was trying to incorporate the cans & sbr into 1 deal and only have the finger print stuff done ( all at once )... Kind of my bad. Thanks for the info.

Yep- wait one..

ATF Form1.png

You cant clear the form - it is saved as a template (add new firearm) then the above screen is auto populated (in this case from my previous SBR for a 16S) when you open the form (if pending or approved) it opens in Adobe and you cannot edit (why if you have a rejected form - they refund your $200 and you do the form over in its entirety)(I know it happened to me) when your done - hit that save template button...then you can use it for future SBR

1 - 20 of 23 Posts