FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
URGENT NOTICE TO: All Registered ATF eForms users

As you are aware for several weeks the eForms application has been experiencing some technical problems that have rendered the application difficult or impossible to use. We apologize for the issues that our customers have been experiencing. We have been diligently working to resolve these issues and have sought the assistance of IT systems experts.

Those experts have advised us of one major problem; that the eForms system is NOT designed to accept batch uploads. We have noted that several of our registered eForms users have designed and use a “batch/multiple submission process” that we have determined has been contributing to the problems that eForms is experiencing. ATF did NOT grant these users any authorization to use this process. eForms was designed to work as a serial application, with each user making one submission at a time. The “batch/multiple submission processes” are creating a situation where processes are initiated and not completed within the eForms application. This is causing “memory allocation errors” within the eForms application. The result is that many users are prevented from being able to log-in. Another symptom is that once users log-in, the system moves so slowly that it is taking 20 minutes or more to move from one screen to the next. Users are also reporting that they are unable to successfully submit an application even if they are fortunate enough to make it to the submission page.

Because the “batch/multiple submission processes” have been identified as a major contributing factor to these problems, we are requesting that any registered eForms user who is currently using any “batch/multiple submission process” discontinue the use of any such process IMMEDIATELY. Any user who continues to use a “batch/multiple submission process” for eForms, after the dissemination of this message will have his/her access to the eForms system suspended or revoked. Please understand that we are not asserting that the users of the “batch/multiple submission process” did anything wrong. Unfortunately, our system was not designed to handle batch processes which are causing unexpected problems for our system.

ATF is currently assessing whether there are other improvements that can address the problems identified. One of the issues that we will address in the future will be the creation of a batch process that will be available to all eForms users without a detrimental effect on the performance of the eForms system. Until that time we request your compliance with the above, and appreciate your cooperation and patience.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Every time I see an email form them I get excited and think my stamp is in. But no, its always an email explaining that their **** is still broken.
My thoughts exactly, my 120 day mark is in two weeks, still waiting...

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Crap, that doesnt make me feel better :lol: I just passed my 90 day mark.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I think after the people who made the obamacare site finished they went to the atf eform site...
I wouldn't be surprised if both were hosted on a VPS solution at some place like GoDaddy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Every time I see an email form them I get excited and think my stamp is in. But no, its always an email explaining that their **** is still broken.
I felt the exact same way today.::FF::

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
I just passed my 120 day mark. I am beginning to expect that it will be another 120 days at least. I think the ATF just did a couple of eForms at 90 days to entice the use of the system.

Yeah, like I said before, it is going to be just like the paper forms...9 to 12 months.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I just passed my 120 day mark. I am beginning to expect that it will be another 120 days at least. I think the ATF just did a couple of eForms at 90 days to entice the use of the system.

Yeah, like I said before, it is going to be just like the paper forms...9 to 12 months.
Not sure how accurate the posts on the NFA tracker site are but according to the latest posts there, people who e-Filed have been getting their approvals at about 4 months and a week. I guess we'll find out how accurate the posts are there because according to them, you should be getting your approval any day now.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Not sure how accurate the posts on the NFA tracker site are but according to the latest posts there, people who e-Filed have been getting their approvals at about 4 months and a week. I guess we'll find out how accurate the posts are there because according to them, you should be getting your approval any day now.
I agree, I have talked to Dana and he said they are still roughly in the 90-120 day range...

·
Registered
841 Posts
The SilencerShop ATF Wait Time form is probably the single best source of data.

Silencershop files more ATF form 3 / 4 than anyone else in the country.

ATF Wait Times

As of this posting, Electronic Form 4's are being returned that were submitted 11/12/2013 through 11/16/2013 -- which is 141 days.
You should be coming real soon!

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's been 120+ days and counting for me. I figure they have to be slowing down a little due to the panic at the end of last year.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hate you M-F'ers that were lucky enough to submit via eform (LoL). I mean at least you have hope. My Class III dealer didn't start doing eForms until December and I have two suppressors that I purchased from them September 11, 2013 that are now in ATF Jail. All my other NFA stuff through my trust was right at the 6 month mark and here I am approaching 7 months and from what I am hearing on paper filings, I fear I have another 5 months to go.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Possibly a dumb question but--how is one notified of approval?? Email, letter in the mail, or am I supposed to be logging back into the eform system to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you efiled you will get an email with a PDF copy of the approved form with stamp. No "paper" stamp will be sent.

Reactions: bayonet14

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I read the original post, and it's talking about batch submissions. Does that mean that there's still hope for me trying to submit my one eForm or am I just SOL and have to submit papers? The gun shop is doing the submission for me if that matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
E-filing was shut down today. You have to paper file, unless your e-file is pending in the system all ready.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I would hold off a few days and see what happens.

The current wait times are (were) 11 months for paper forms and only 4.5 months for eForms.

Even assuming there's a backup of eForms once they come on line, you could probably wait a couple months for eForm issues to get straightened out and eFile and still come out ahead.

my $0.02. I've got one silencer that's sitting at my dealer with this exact issue (he's been trying to get it eFiled for the past several days with no luck) as well as one that's in the last days of Form3 approval for xfer, and personally I'm going to wait and see what happens...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts