FN Herstal Firearms banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Good luck, I will draw inspiration from your endeavors if you are successful in your CLEO sign-off attempt.
Well my Chief of Police signed off on my forms without any delays. Dropped them off on my way home from work and picked them up the next day on my way home from work after getting the call from his dispatcher saying "their all signed and ready for you pick up". The sbr paperwork was sent off on friday and can's will be sent off once my dealer gets the cans in his hands so we can fill in the serial #'s if I choose to send the paperwork thru under my name or I can fill out new paperwork using my firearms trust that was completed/signed/notarized & funded (including setting up a Trust checking & savings accounts) today.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well my Chief of Police signed off on my forms without any delays. Dropped them off on my way home from work and picked them up the next day on my way home from work after getting the call from his dispatcher saying "their all signed and ready for you pick up". The sbr paperwork was sent off on friday and can's will be sent off once my dealer gets the cans in his hands so we can fill in the serial #'s if I choose to send the paperwork thru under my name or I can fill out new paperwork using my firearms trust that was completed/signed/notarized & funded (including setting up a Trust checking & savings accounts) today.
Congrats, I hope it's that easy if/when I need to go through that same process.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I hope it goes smoothly for you too!

Reactions: Shap

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Publication Date:Monday, September 09, 2013Agencies:Department of JusticeBureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and ExplosivesDates:Written comments must be postmarked and electronic comments must be submitted on or before December 9, 2013. Commenters should be aware that the electronic Federal Docket Management System will not accept comments after 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the last day of the comment period.Comments Close:12/09/2013Entry Type:proposed RuleAction: Notice of proposed rulemaking.Document Citation:78 FR 55014Page: 55014 -55029 (16 pages) CFR:27 CFR 479Agency/Docket Numbers:Docket No. ATF 41PAG Order No. 3398-2013RIN:1140-AA43Document Number:2013-21661Shorter URL:https://federalregister.gov/a/2013-21661

·
Registered
377 Posts
Okay, I think this is total Bravo Sierra, but I was wondering, what type of comments are you all posting? Can anyone post an example of their comments after making them. I will be more than happy to comment, but I have never done this before and I am not sure what type of comments that they are seeking. I mean, I know what I would like to say in my comments, but I doubt that it would be perceived as constructive or taken very well.
Also, honestly guys.....Don't you all think that they are going to move forward with this no matter what we do and completely ignore our comments? This is fitting right in with this administrations agenda so I tend to be skeptical that comments will even be considered. Am I putting too little faith in the system with that thinking?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Okay, I think this is total Bravo Sierra, but I was wondering, what type of comments are you all posting? Can anyone post an example of their comments after making them. I will be more than happy to comment, but I have never done this before and I am not sure what type of comments that they are seeking. I mean, I know what I would like to say in my comments, but I doubt that it would be perceived as constructive or taken very well.
Also, honestly guys.....Don't you all think that they are going to move forward with this no matter what we do and completely ignore our comments? This is fitting right in with this administrations agenda so I tend to be skeptical that comments will even be considered. Am I putting too little faith in the system with that thinking?

Best explanation about how to go about commenting on the ATF proposed rule:

What to Do When ATF Publishes its Notice of Proposed Rulemaking | Prince Law Offices, P.C.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.