FN Herstal Firearms banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
tqtran said:
The only thing American Tactical I have is my GSG-5.
The polymer on it seems fine. The soft metal scews on it....were replaced by me.
So long as this mag doesn't have any metal screws in it, it should do fine.
But we will see as soon as someone gets their hands on one.
Oh wow, I didn't realize that they made the GSG5's! I almost got one of those a few months back. Okay, I'm sold.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
tqtran said:
The only thing American Tactical I have is my GSG-5.
The polymer on it seems fine. The soft metal scews on it....were replaced by me.
So long as this mag doesn't have any metal screws in it, it should do fine.
But we will see as soon as someone gets their hands on one.
I can't see where they would stick screws into the magazine, but one never knows...

Anything is possible. :lol:

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
90 Posts
Madhouse said:
Lucas_061287 said:
Oh wow, I didn't realize that they made the GSG5's! I almost got one of those a few months back. Okay, I'm sold.
I think ATI only imports the GSG-5. I'm pretty sure German Sports Guns is the actual manufacturer.
Ah, okay. Well, I'm now not sure if I'm REALLY sold. Can I Indian give myself a metaphor???

·
Registered
90 Posts
UPDATE... sorta

I bought an ATI mag today at a gun show (well, sorta the ATI mag, its actually directly from the manufacturer BEFORE ATI gets to put their mark on it). I did a side by side comparo to the FNH 50rder and as far as I can tell, the ATI's quality is just as good or even slightly better than the FNH. I loaded them up with SS197 (all 50 rds) and both fed and ejected the rounds just perfect. I'll let ya'll know how it does in the gun when I get a chance, but I would get as many of these as you can while you can. I payed $53 after tax vs. nearly $100 for the FNH piece.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thanks for the info Lucas! :?

·
Registered
90 Posts
^Not a problem.

My plan from now on is to pick up a few of these every month, every time the gun show takes place (every 3rd saturday here in Austin, and its less than 2 miles from where I live, lol) so I can bulk up on high cap mags before the ban happens lol.

EDIT: I went back today and got a 2nd one, lol. So now 3 50rders and I haven't even finished paying off the gun yet haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't see the "ATI" stamp at first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ammunitiontogo has them for $24.95. Whether they are in stock or not, who knows. I also just happened to notice a "warning" regarding combatibility on their site:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ATI PS90 or AR57 50rd. Magazine. This magazine was manufactured by KCI in Korea for American Tactical Imports. This magazine looks and feels like an original FN magazine. This magazine will function Flawlessly with ballistic tip SS197 ammo. It may not function Flawlessly with hollow point ss192 or ss195lf. There has been some reports that the magazine will jam occasionally with hollow points. These are quality mags and will work with the PS90 and the AR57.

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
ordenta said:
Ammunitiontogo has them for $24.95. Whether they are in stock or not, who knows. I also just happened to notice a "warning" regarding combatibility on their site:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ATI PS90 or AR57 50rd. Magazine. This magazine was manufactured by KCI in Korea for American Tactical Imports. This magazine looks and feels like an original FN magazine. This magazine will function Flawlessly with ballistic tip SS197 ammo. It may not function Flawlessly with hollow point ss192 or ss195lf. There has been some reports that the magazine will jam occasionally with hollow points. These are quality mags and will work with the PS90 and the AR57.
Wow, a quality magazine that will not work with 2/3 of the factory ammo. Sounds like of POC to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought 6 @ $20 ea......The hollow points will jam, but there is an easy fix. Where the straight sides of the mag come to the circular end, there is a mold seam inside the mag on each side. The cartridge catches on the material that sticks out at the seam if it's at just the right angle. It doesn't always happen....Really don't know why the other types of ammo don't catch on the seam....I don't have any to check out and the mags are fixed now.

To get rid of the seam material you will need to go to HomeDepot and get a length of steel flat stock that is 1/2 x 1/8 inch that is at least 14 inches long. Find the flattest side and this will be the side you will glue a 1/4 strip of 180 grit sandpaper to. On the opposite side of the sandpaper end you need to take the material down to about .100 about an inch long but no shorter....Start sanding. Takes about 5 min per mag and the hollow points will not hang up...and at 3 for the price of one FN mag, this is a deal.

The material of these mags is polycarbonate just like the FN's.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.