FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I thought that Federal Cartridge was going to be making the SS197LF and ATK (owned by federal) will be the distributor. I had not herd that they would be offering any new/different ammo.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
devildoc said:
I thought that Federal Cartridge was going to be making the SS197LF and ATK (owned by federal) will be the distributor. I had not herd that they would be offering any new/different ammo.
That is my understanding as well. They are just making the 197 ammo now instead of Fiocchi

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Having a American company process the ammo should help lower the price, And maybe some of these other companies will take notice and start there own programs for loaded ammo and more reloading info from other powder suppliers.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I wish Remington and SSA would start making 5.7 ammo, I had herd a little while back that SSA was thinking about it, but nothing since. SSA makes some great 6.8 SPC ammo.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Well they probably are consider a lost cause since obamanation will ban 5.7 round :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would love to see some of the smaller manufacturers get into 5.7 for some competition and more varied loads. I just can't justify paying the 60+ cents a round in bulk that some companies ask for.

·
Administrator
11,368 Posts
Hank said:
I would love to see some of the smaller manufacturers get into 5.7 for some competition and more varied loads. I just can't justify paying the 60+ cents a round in bulk that some companies ask for.
Who wants $0.60(+) per round?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a phone message from CMMG concerning the SS197 round. Fiocchi is in the process of transferring the equipment to the new manufacturer which is Winchester. The sales guy said that they do not know when they will be getting the new stuff, I hope it is soon though. I have 2 cases (4000 rounds) to stash before the stuff gets axed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Hank said:
Good ol' Elite. Looks like good stuff, but damn.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hank said:
HK SD9 Tactical said:
Hank said:
Good ol' Elite. Looks like good stuff, but damn.
Just for giggles I checked the price of their "S4" on Sunday.

10 boxes shipped costs $0.685 per round
:evil:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Its deadly round = ban the 5.7 round....In a nutshell of course

1 - 15 of 15 Posts