FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually, This announcement brings up a "back door" question.

Is Fiocchi now free to develop their product line of 5.7 ammo,

According to the announcement, ATK will now be the F.N source of SS-197. As Fiocchi was the previous source, it would seem logical that they have not "forgotten" how to manufacture the cartridge.

This is the direction I am personally looking to for innovation.

Just one mans opinion.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can only be a good thing for us as far as I can see.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i wonder if ammo will go down any.....would be sweet but it may just be wishful thinking on my part....damn gas prices. :!:

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
banger said:
As Fiocchi was the previous source, it would seem logical that they have not "forgotten" how to manufacture the cartridge.
They could forget just like Winchester did after making SS190 and SS192.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
It is my understanding that FN owns WInchester the gun company - but someone else owns the "Winchester" name for ammo manufacturing.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
still good info none the less.... 8)

·
Registered
735 Posts
ShipWreck said:
It is my understanding that FN owns WInchester the gun company - but someone else owns the "Winchester" name for ammo manufacturing.
They're separate companies, but I think they're both Olin owned. At least I know that Olin owns the Winchester trademark. I'm almost positive that they own the ammunition facilities, and the barrel of my 1300 has an Olin stamp on it.

**Correction, the stamp isn't on the barrel. It's on the receiver, and it just mentions the trademark being owned by Olin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts