1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would want to know

From their staff:

Joseph,
The US AUG A3 should be in the Steyr Stocking Dealers hands sometime between mid November and late January. The initial rifles will have 18" barrels but additional barrels will be available next year. Keep an eye on our web site, www.steyrarms.com, for up dates.
Jack
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Joseph DeJessa <[email protected]> wrote:

NAME Joseph DeJessa
EMAIL [email protected]
REGARDS Question about a product
MESSAGE Hi,

I am in the market for a new semi-auto rifle and the A3 is of interest. Is there a release date for this rifle and will it be offered in the US with a 20" barrel (sniper configuration)? Its design allows for a longer barrel and still fit my needs as a mobile yet highly accurate weapon. Any information would be appreciated.

-Joe

the configuration: http://i36.tinypic.com/2u75d7s.jpg

I am just looking for the rifle, and will worry about accessories later.
CONTACT 1

--
Jack Riddle
Customer Service
Steyr Arms, Inc.

Im interested in it as a possible unique DMR type rifle but still useful for short range, on the move stuff. Thought you guys would want to know

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
so what is going to be the pricing for the aug`s? I bet people who own the old pre 86 aug`s better sell them quick i can see the value of the non class III`s going to sh*t

·
Registered
99 Posts
I cant wait, still on the fence on the about the AUG or TPD. All those pre 86 AUGs will hold value. Difference between new and old, where its made. Many will pay more for Austrian made AUG vs a US one.

Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I guess I need to shoot one to see why people are attracted to these guns. I can't seem to get used to the astestics of it. It doesn't "look" right to me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
heh most people dont llike the PS90/P90 cause it looks funny...I havent shot one, but I like how they feel (read airsoft one). So I have to pick it up and feel it when they come out. I have picked up an MSAR, it feels nice. Plus to me its cool looking!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the new A3 will be alot nicer than the original. it will have bolt hold open, like on the MSAR and should, according to rumors, accept AR mags, better trigger pull, etc. I am worried though that they will miss the boat and be banned before they even ship the first one. The only think I dont like about the MSAR is the top rail. So, if I pick one up (possibly this weekend :D ) I am gonna design one with a quad rail hand guard then make it here at work (gotta love free access to CNC's).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Rizzo,

Where are these rumors at? I havent heard anything about them using STANG mags at all, and looking at the pictures from thier site, it still takes the classic AUG mags. Which if it does good and bad, good because we know those mags are bad a$$; bad because everyone wants STANG mags. Hence TPD when doing thier AUG clone made it with the NATO stock.

but that is my 2 cents for being a new guy to the gun world.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you are probably just as in the dark as me. the last time I went to a gun show, two different dealers said they were told by Steyr that they would use AR mags. maybe they made some modifications to it, who knows, only time will tell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I personally dont trust anyone from any show or dealer unless its solid proof in front of me :roll: but then I am a cynic. Of course if I hear the internet rumours enough it might be true :x

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
AUG A3: Upper rail and integrated MIL-STD-1913 railed foregrip. It can be ordered with features such as a STANAG magazine stock group and an external bolt release.
I got this from web site.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I decided to send them an email regarding all this talk, here it is:

We expect to have the US AUG in our Steyr Stocking dealers hands some time between mid November and SHOT Show time in late January, as soon as all tests and evaluation work is done. The US AUG will use the proprietary magazine as we have more quality control over their manufacture. Keep checking with our web site, www.steyrarms.com, for up dates. If you have a favorite dealer, see if they would like to be a Steyr Stocking dealer, and if they would like more information, have them contact me.
Jack

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Daniel wrote:

REGARDS Question about a product
MESSAGE I am inquiring about the future release of a civilian model Aug within the United States. Could you give a date/ time line or are you waiting for the elections to pass in order to finalize production? Will these Augs use proprietary magazines or will they accept AR style magazines?

Thank you in advance for your time.
CONTACT 1

--
Jack Riddle
Customer Service
Steyr Arms, Inc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You should have asked if it would take the old AUG mags...but hey we know what it wont take LOL Same news all the time, waiting from nov to jan. Website doesnt have anything on it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I asked about the proprietary mags, and they said yes it will be. I don't know if their is a difference between the old and newer mags.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Older AUG mags could be a little brittle, especially over time or if exposed to UV radiation for extended periods.

The newer AUG mags should be better about that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts