FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Does nothing for me. Never really liked the look.

Music was good though. Rammstein, Du Hast. :shock:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I was going to get hk usc and do ump conversion. But leaning away from that with all the cool stuff coming out like sig mpx, scorpion etc why pay all that? Then always wanted the REPR but have been reading they arent what they used to cause of cost cutting. So I might just get the AUG it would complete the bullpup collection until MRAD comes out. Being from Michigan always been into bullpups cause we just recently are allowed to sbr. Its a shame I havent got a AUG yet with all the great reviews. Im just shallow cause its one ugly mother fer lol I know my choices are all over the place.

How do you like the built in optic?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to get hk usc and do ump conversion. But leaning away from that with all the cool stuff coming out like sig mpx, scorpion etc why pay all that? Then always wanted the REPR but have been reading they arent what they used to cause of cost cutting. So I might just get the AUG it would complete the bullpup collection until MRAD comes out. Being from Michigan always been into bullpups cause we just recently are allowed to sbr. Its a shame I havent got a AUG yet with all the great reviews. Im just shallow cause its one ugly mother fer lol I know my choices are all over the place.

How do you like the built in optic?
I like it! Its very clear, has a good ret and its very solid.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
It's very telling that FA still has an AUG. He goes through guns like I go through socks :-D. I want one and always have but it's taking a back seat to a bunch of other things.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
It's very telling that FA still has an AUG. He goes through guns like I go through socks :-D. I want one and always have but it's taking a back seat to a bunch of other things.

i can attest, he does go thru guns pretty quick. buys, post, reviews, post for sale-- in that order. making me wonder "what's up with the aug"?
In fact when I first saw this thread - I thought to myself, "ah- he must be selling another one again"!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can attest, he does go thru guns pretty quick. buys, post, reviews, post for sale-- in that order. making me wonder "what's up with the aug"?
In fact when I first saw this thread - I thought to myself, "ah- he must be selling another one again"!
all I'll say is that Im very impressed with this gun, so much so it sets beside my SCAR. :?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Now that is one hell of an endorsement! All I have read is great reviews on aug it's just the least aesthetic bull pup. Do they have the NATO version yet or should I stick to the one that takes only aug mags?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts

:-D!!!!!! That's hilarious because thats the first thing that ran through my mind!

FA have you played with the Tavor? If you have what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that is one hell of an endorsement! All I have read is great reviews on aug it's just the least aesthetic bull pup. Do they have the NATO version yet or should I stick to the one that takes only aug mags?
Mine is nato, if you want platform compatibility get the NATO. If you want a bolt release button get the std AUG. AUG mags are around $20+/_ and are very well made.

·
Vendor
1,805 Posts
My first take is that when your tactical assault pictures are in a green pond with Japanese water lillies floating next to the shooter, you are not really tactical, you just borrowed someone's back yard garden pond.

No comment on the gun, just commenting on the video. I actually stopped by the Styer booth at SHOT today, I'll look for this gun tomorrow when I go back.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
:-D!!!!!! That's hilarious because thats the first thing that ran through my mind!

FA have you played with the Tavor? If you have what are your thoughts?
yes sir! My impressions.... It has a very nice rear balance, I like the mag release set up. Better trigger option. I don't like the gas system. It's not adjustable and it's somewhat dirty. The over all feel is not as solid feeling as the AUG. I don't want to say cheap though. My real issue was accuracy. I'm used to bullpup triggers but I could never get better than 3moa groups out of mine. Not thst big of an issues for a CQC weapon but not enough to be a keeper. I might give one another try at some point.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My first take is that when your tactical assault pictures are in a green pond with Japanese water lillies floating next to the shooter, you are not really tactical, you just borrowed someone's back yard garden pond.

No comment on the gun, just commenting on the video. I actually stopped by the Styer booth at SHOT today, I'll look for this gun tomorrow when I go back.
Haha I used some of steyrs pics, to cold for over the beach (or pond) photo opts this time a year! :-D

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I should be getting mine sometime next week. I will check out which red dots I already have to see which I prefer to top her off

any needed mods? What is the thread so I can run her suppressed?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I should be getting mine sometime next week. I will check out which red dots I already have to see which I prefer to top her off

any needed mods? What is the thread so I can run her suppressed?
there are a couple trigger mods you can do (ratworx 2020 sear/trigger*tamer) & the thread pitch is M13x1 LH. Really the trigger isn't that bad the only thing I would spring for is a QD rear pin/sling mount

1 - 20 of 26 Posts