FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,778 Posts
Very sweet. Completely out of my price range, mind you, but sweet all the same. I'm sure many a person on this forum has that warm tingling feeling of anticipation. Of course it could be the preliminary effects of a spider bite...so be excited, but be cautious.

·
Administrator
12,119 Posts
Well if you look hard enough you can get a nice Scar17S for about $1,800 - $2,000

And Scar 16, and Scar 17 barrels are all over for about $800 to $1,000 bucks.

When this MK20 is released, will its barrel fit a scar? Then we just have a Scar17 with a 20" barrel.

Either way, this rifle is awesome! Im thinkin it is safe to say, $4,995 MSRP for a NEW MK20 rifle.

So, Gunbroker prices will proubly sell around $3,800 to 4,000.

FNH makes the best guns! Hopefully I get my FS2000 today, then a Scar 17 comes next after a while. Or if this MK20 is not to expensive

This MK20 pushes the Scar platform over the top of even thd finest AR gas piston rifles
Let me know where you can find a new SCAR17S for $1800 to $2000.....I keep leering at those price tags and I still can't seem to get them to move below $2550

Now, a SCAR16 is a different animal all together.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was just reading about the MK 20 in a 2011 NRA mag and it's suppose to be a 0.25 moa rifle. It'll be interesting to see what kind of accuracy people that purchase them will get out of them. I sure hope I don't have to sell any pre-89 weapons to get one. :frown:

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
How many 62 in/lb barrel torque areas do you see?

View attachment 31972 View attachment 31974

It looks like 3 on the second photo?

As for the bolt, is it a 6 or 7 lug design?
Total of (6) T25 Torx drive fasteners on the barrel extension.

7 lug bolt.

The FN ECP suppressor was a stop gap measure put in place until Surefire could deliver both the 762 & 556 SOCOM-RC suppressors.

The rest of the ancillary stuff, including the Level by Accuracy First (Development Group) was installed for the event.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
I was just reading about the MK 20 in a 2011 NRA mag and it's suppose to be a 0.25 moa rifle. It'll be interesting to see what kind of accuracy people that purchase them will get out of them. I sure hope I don't have to sell any pre-89 weapons to get one. :frown:
The Mk20 shoots very well with the proper ammunition and and properly trained shooter.

Consistent hits on steel can be accomplished in excess of 900 meters routinely, and boringly accurate.

Price: Rumored to be north of $6000.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
After talking to 1 friend in particular and thinking it over.. FN Bolt guns are $4k a semi Auto precision SCAR, I would not be surprised in the $6-$8k range.. I will still buy one..

Any chance on a 338LM version, can the platform withstand the beating that round gives without major changes??

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
After talking to 1 friend in particular and thinking it over.. FN Bolt guns are $4k a semi Auto precision SCAR, I would not be surprised in the $6-$8k range.. I will still buy one..

Any chance on a 338LM version, can the platform withstand the beating that round gives without major changes??
I'm going to say no, not with it's current recoil system. I think it would take a lot of redesigning to handle that round, recoil system and lengthened upper, not to mention at least a 24-26" barrel. Just to start.

Reactions: J.polisi

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Start saving.

Eat Ramen noodles and don't buy anything else.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Does that mean 6 on each side of the barrel making it a total of 12 ?
Do you have any idea when its coming out ?
Is the twist rate the same as the 17s or did the change the twist rate ?
3 on each side, 6 total (vs. the 17s/mk17 that has 2 per side, 4 total).

The OP stated approximately in a year (probably more)

Twist: not sure, but I'd think they'd stick with 1:12. Works well for them with their SPR line of bolt guns.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts