FN Herstal Firearms banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Because of the unique fastener configuration on the barrel extension, one better be certain they're happy with the stock barrel length it ships with. I really doubt we'll see any barrel length options for the Mk20, and if FN ever gets around to making good on the caliber conversions to the civilian market for the SCAR, I don't think those will be coming to the Mk20 either.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I figured they'd eventually release. Now we'll just have to see the price. I didn't really want a new truck next year anyway, did I?
So, with the mount, glass, bipod, suppressor this is at least a $10,000 platform?

A new truck will be junk in 10 years and you will be out thousands of dollars. This will be worth more than you paid for it in 10 years and the only thing you'll be out is the ammo you burned up enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
So, with the mount, glass, bipod, suppressor this is at least a $10,000 platform?

A new truck will be junk in 10 years and you will be out thousands of dollars. This will be worth more than you paid for it in 10 years and the only thing you'll be out is the ammo you burned up enjoying it.
Wow.... Such wisdom.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Wisdom hard won after dumping cubic meters of $$$$ into a Jeeps, Landrovers and a Duramax 4x4.

If I could go back in time and tell myself to keep YJ and sticks some 60 axles under it and spend the rest on guns I'd be able to retire already.
I think that all the time!! RDIAS for under $10k!!! Rare HK 94s, sp89s, etc..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Things I find interesting:

- Replacement of front sling mounting plate with QD-cup extension (but not the rear)
- Use of Magpul MIAD (did they finally fix the grip tang?)
- Offset irons with MBUS Pro (previously used KAC)
- Surefire suppressor and muzzle device instead of FN.
- Return to using short 3 & 9 o'clock rails
Good eye.

I wonder if they updated the .mil version or if these are changes for the civilian version. If the latter, then my desire for one of these--especially at the speculative price point--drops pretty dramatically; for the money, I would probably go with the KAC Enhanced Carbine in taupe.

ETA: Obviously, sights can be changed out no problem, so that's a non-issue (pun intended).

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
No, it's a 20" heavy profile barrel.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
OK, looks like I just found my future DMR/CS rifle. Mag compatibility with my SCAR, and looks sexy as all get out. Price tag isn't nice, but it sounds like we'll all have plenty of time to save up the money for it.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Your teeth will fall out, mine did!
I still have my teeth. It was two years ago that I did that. Oh, I didn't use the entire flavor packet, just enough to my taste.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts