FN Herstal Firearms banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm gonna have to start working some weekends.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was just reading about the MK 20 in a 2011 NRA mag and it's suppose to be a 0.25 moa rifle. It'll be interesting to see what kind of accuracy people that purchase them will get out of them. I sure hope I don't have to sell any pre-89 weapons to get one. :frown:
Really? .25 MOA? That's the first I've ever read any accuracy data in the MK20.

Interesting.

TTR

·
Registered
16 Posts
F**K me, $6K? That's what I paid for my AI AXMC. I'm not sure if I will even try swinging it....
If they really expect to get .25 MOA out of a 308 automatic, they will sell.

Honestly, I don't think the average reader really appreciates how crazy accurate that is.

And even being more honest, I'd have to see it to believe it. My source at FN told me around the first of the year these were coming for 2015. Or at least they were trying to get BATFE approval. But nobody would ever give expected MOA.

.25 MOA from a mass-produced automatic rifle, even if hand fitted, would be astounding.

TTR

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Consistent .75 MA with the Pencil Barreled SCAR 17 is unbelievable. . Also, Not many can shoot .25 MA consistently. . So if some of our really good shooters can be between .75 MOA and .50 MOA consistently I would think we'll trained persons shooting hand loads could achive .25 MOA.. I know I can't. . but I will have one in flat dark earth baby!!!!:?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
My SPR shoots under 0.25 MOA. I'd be happy if the SSR consistently shot under 0.5 MOA (which would be superb as well IMO for a semi-auto 308)

Reactions: J.polisi

·
Registered
261 Posts
Something to note: "rifles are going to be manufactured at FN’s South Carolina plant" if this is true it means the rifle should be south of 6K. Made here=cheaper. I think FN knows there is barely any market at 6K.

In an optimistic prediction, I'd say the 4K area.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Something to note: "rifles are going to be manufactured at FN’s South Carolina plant" if this is true it means the rifle should be south of 6K. Made here=cheaper. I think FN knows there is barely any market at 6K.

In an optimistic prediction, I'd say the 4K area.
If true, then my interest would pick up.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I hope your right, going by what I have been told by those who would know, I am not optimistic, but I am hopeful you are right!!! :?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Consistent .75 MA with the Pencil Barreled SCAR 17 is unbelievable. . Also, Not many can shoot .25 MA consistently. . So if some of our really good shooters can be between .75 MOA and .50 MOA consistently I would think we'll trained persons shooting hand loads could achive .25 MOA.. I know I can't. . but I will have one in flat dark earth baby!!!!:?
The snipers I work with are very happy with their SCAR 17 accuracy wise. Frankly they were surprised.

TTR

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll never know, I can't shoot that good anymore..
I've had a Government contact rifle that had a test target of .315 MOA. I personally could never get it to shoot that good, but it had the factory trigger. I have a German rife that can consistently shoot well under .5 MOA. I've had 5 shots in the .3's at 100 yards. I think the rifle is capiable of it.

I'm not sure what the Army's OBR is getting officially but they are crushing it with accuracy. Stuff that was never dreamed of for use average guys 10 years ago.

So I am hopeful. But If the MK20 is consistently under .5, that means you'll see hand-loads probably tighten that up. So who knows?

.25 consistently with every shot?

Never.

TTR

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
I would never think consistently. . More like .50 pretty .75 and CAN achive .30 or better when all the moons and stars align.. Like I said, I would never know.. Someone would have to show me.. I can shoot 1" consistently with my 17 Geissele Trigger installed 168gr FGMM on good days..

I have heard the same about certain individuals being pleasantly surprised by the accuracy..

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
North of 6k? Wonder if it will still come in a cardboard box? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
You'll pay more for plastic. ;)

FN's have always come in cardboard. :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really? .25 MOA? That's the first I've ever read any accuracy data in the MK20.

Interesting.

TTR

I've read that NRA mag as well, actually, by no means did that article say that the mk20 is a 1/4moa rifle. Actually,the article describes the accuracy of the mk20 as "0.25 moa over baseline ammo accuracy performance at 100 meters",that is being said,if the ammo can achieve 1 moa dispersion at 100 meters from an accuracy test barrel,the mk20 can put all rounds into a 1.25 moa cycle at 100 meters with the same ammo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any updates on the MK20? I called FN a few months ago and they said "there is no guarantee" that it will make it to the civilian market.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts