FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post often, but have been a long time lurker. Today I took my FNX 45T to the range. It was the first time I loaded my mags to capacity. I usually put five rounds in each for target practice.

First mag went fine, slide locked back. Dropped the mag, slammed in the second mag, and the slide automatically released and was ready to fire. Thought this was oddl tried again and again with the same results. It only does this with a full mag.

My my immediate thought was, "this is not right." But the more I played around with it, the more I like it. I have not seen this mentioned on this board, nor did I see any reference in the user manual.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
It is not by design, but very normal in polymer frame pistols.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The frame flexes just enough to release the slide stop. most polymer guns can be made to do it if you slap in a full mag hard enough.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ive seen M9s do it too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is only my second polymer framed gun and the first time I have experienced it. It only does it when inserting a full clip.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The frame flexes just enough to release the slide stop. most polymer guns can be made to do it if you slap in a full mag hard enough.
In fact any gun can do it if you hit it hard enough, unless the bolt catch is retained by something besides spring tension.

Reactions: fnfalman and Donnie

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is true, we found out the hard way in combat, most any firearm will do it, slap the but stock of an M4 hard enough and the bolt releases from the lock position and chambers a round...reday2rock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine will do it if I slam the mag in hard and then smack the bottom of the mag... perfectly normal behavior for a polymer framed pistol.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Mine will do it if I slam the mag in hard and then smack the bottom of the mag... perfectly normal behavior for a polymer framed pistol.
Not just with plastic pistols. Any pistol that you slammed a mag home too hard will do the same.

·
Premium Member
9,504 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts