FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have been drooling over a fnp since I first handled one at a gunshop a few weeks ago. As an avid USPSA shooter, and I usually avoid gunshops for the commandos typically working the counter... Anyway, I braved the "get a 45 for real stopping power" comments and asked to see the FN they had in the case. I have to say, the pistol I sampled had one of the nicest factory DA/SA triggers I have ever tried.
So I had gone into the shop looking for a new compact/subcompact for EDC... They had a lot to choose from, but the FN got me thinking; I went home and started my research (which brought me here of course :wink: ). Anyway, to make a long story short, I am looking for a 9m model, but I cant seem to find any. I think I came across one on either gunsamerica, gunbroker, or auctionarms, but the price was a bit steep at $550 something.

What has your experience been in finding the compact model? Are FN dealers willing to order what you want? Fortunately I have two dealers fairly close by where I work that I need to make a visit to soon. I was in at Sportsman's Warehouse today, but they wont/cant order anything; they did have a fullsize in .40 though.

One last thing: Anyone have a side-by-side photo of the standard with the compact?

If it shoots anything near like I expect it to, I might have a hard time not replacing my p226 stainless for production in USPSA!

C

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I bought mine it was on a whim b/c the guy in the shop had it, and I asked to see it. Love at first sight.

I've seen one more in a shop in the area, but no FNPs otherwise at the place I bought it. I don't think they're a big seller like the Glocks, M&Ps, XDs etc. If you know you're going to buy one, get one with night sights from the factory. If you're used to carry a 226, the M will have a bit shorter grip than you're used to. I wear a large size glove (for reference), and w/o a magazine, the m is too short for comfort, but fine with mag in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts