1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
This is one sad story. That little guy could use some prayers and the police need to reconsider their choice of tactics.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Police say they'll double question after nearly killing a baby with a flash grenade. They didn't double question tossing grenades at civilians before? On top of that, the guy they were looking for wasn't there. Unbelievable. The use of deadly force requires a level of responsibility and they don't have it.

Heartbreaking Photo of Baby Boy Tells Story of Late-Night SWAT Raid Gone Horribly Wrong | Video | TheBlaze.com

Jason
Sad that it happened, but FYI a flash bang is not considered deadly force.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Hope the child gets well.

The SWAT team would not have looked to see the van, and kids things. They roll up quick to do their thing. They don't "tip toe through the tulips" in this scenario.

Watch the video to the story.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No-Knock is a violation of our forth amendment rights. It assumes guilt without trial and grants police authority as judge, jury and executioner.

I didn't post this to debate the term "deadly force" anymore than I debate the term "assault rifle" with liberals.

The long term effects of the flashbang will be unknown for some time. Consider life long hearing and sight injuries this young child will endure. Why? Because cops want to catch drug dealers, which they later caught not on a swat raid. Seems to me they should have gone about it that way all along since it seems to have worked, proving the raid as unnecessary.

Jason

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Supreme Court should restrict the use of No-Knock Warrants to the apprehension of criminals who are being taken into custody for violent felonies only. The exception clause up held now mitigates public safety for narcotic seizer! Good police work is often replaced by shock and awe tactics because of department ineptitude.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Supreme Court should restrict the use of No-Knock Warrants to the apprehension of criminals who are being taken into custody for violent felonies only. The exception clause up held now mitigates public safety for narcotic seizer! Good police work is often replaced by shock and awe tactics because of department ineptitude.
Very well put. The cops are more worried about the dealers flushing the drugs. The increasing militarization of law enforcement is disturbing.

New bill aims to rein in police militarization

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sad that it happened, but FYI a flash bang is not considered deadly force.
Bangers ignite at around 4000degrees........launch a store-bought firework at a police officer and see what they charge you with. I can just about guarantee the words "deadly" and "force" will be in that police report somewhere. Along wwith "great bodily harm", and "intent to cause". These d!ckheads should be stripped of their badges and sh!tcanned and banned from law enforcement duties forever. And the jerk øffs who trained them should be publicly caned. I don't know the whole story, but I do know the outcome, & if you think you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, just think about what it would be like if they were your eggs. Id rather see a couple drugged out & living in their car than a burned child. WAY TO GO HEROES!!!.......thanks for keeping us safe!.........asshats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts