FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only went for one day because I'm in a wheelchair and it sucked getting around on that carpet. I went to FN first, to fondle the SCAR, just like I've down the past couple years. God, I love the gun. I asked when they will be shipped to the regular distributers, not just stocking dealers. I have had one paid for for over a year, but he's not a stocking dealer & and I'm going nuts waiting. He said about 4-6 months. He, they, ( FN ) is aware of the Gunbroker prices , and thinks they're crazy. Some of those dealer got those SCARs free due to large dealer packages. My guy, who took me with him to talk to FN became a FN dealer yesterday. He spent $40,000 on misc guns, and he's getting 3 SCARs. I'll have mine by mid feb, and he's only charging me $2400. It's probably a free one, but who cares, I. Think it's awesome of him to give it to me at that price. I'm psyched..

Something interesting. HK announced & displayed their MR556 & MR762 civie rifles. They are being made here, and while they look nice. I told the smug HK rep that FN's getting my money first, because they have supported sportsmen and gun lovers for years, not just the last 15 min. He laughed. I'll laugh when they price their 556 close to 4k. People will buy them, we've learned that. But design wise, it's ancient compared to the SCAR. Just thought I'd share.

Oh, maybe it's because I looked crippled, but the FN rep secretly palmed me an awesome little pewter SCAR key chain that I didn't see laying around anywhere. Pretty cool of him.

David

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Thanx for the report. Glad to here you were able to make a good deal on the SCAR.

·
Registered
857 Posts
medic103 said:
... I have had one paid for for over a year, but he's not a stocking dealer & and I'm going nuts waiting. ....
A dealer has been holding over 2 grand of yours for over a year?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wlcohen said:
medic103 said:
... I have had one paid for for over a year, but he's not a stocking dealer & and I'm going nuts waiting. ....
A dealer has been holding over 2 grand of yours for over a year?
Yes. I've bought many guns from him in the past, and I always give him early deposits on guns coming out. He's a stand up guy, who I trust, and I've never had a problem. When I get my SCAR-L, I'm gonna give him a couple grand to secure my SCAR-H 17S for next year. It's piece of mind knowing I won't have to worry about getting gouged.

·
Registered
133 Posts
medic103 said:
I only went for one day because I'm in a wheelchair and it sucked getting around on that carpet. I went to FN first, to fondle the SCAR, just like I've down the past couple years. God, I love the gun. I asked when they will be shipped to the regular distributers, not just stocking dealers. I have had one paid for for over a year, but he's not a stocking dealer & and I'm going nuts waiting. He said about 4-6 months. He, they, ( FN ) is aware of the Gunbroker prices , and thinks they're crazy. Some of those dealer got those SCARs free due to large dealer packages. My guy, who took me with him to talk to FN became a FN dealer yesterday. He spent $40,000 on misc guns, and he's getting 3 SCARs. I'll have mine by mid feb, and he's only charging me $2400. It's probably a free one, but who cares, I. Think it's awesome of him to give it to me at that price. I'm psyched..

Something interesting. HK announced & displayed their MR556 & MR762 civie rifles. They are being made here, and while they look nice. I told the smug HK rep that FN's getting my money first, because they have supported sportsmen and gun lovers for years, not just the last 15 min. He laughed. I'll laugh when they price their 556 close to 4k. People will buy them, we've learned that. But design wise, it's ancient compared to the SCAR. Just thought I'd share.

Oh, maybe it's because I looked crippled, but the FN rep secretly palmed me an awesome little pewter SCAR key chain that I didn't see laying around anywhere. Pretty cool of him.

David
Thanks for the report!

And before anyone else asks--can I get your dealer to sell me one for that price? FIRST DIBS on contact info! :D

So, the HK rep laughed AT you, or WITH you, after you told him, as far as I am concerned, what I feel from them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have seen the "new" HK and frankly I am disappointed. Just another AR with HK engraving. Will it be better than other ARs? Maybe? Or is it because its an HK AR that people will go nuts over it? Most likely. I know for sure I am not as excited over it as I am with the SCAR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanx medic103 :?

My question to all: Why is FNH doing LIMITED production runs of the SCAR? 500 now, 1000 3-months later...

Due to the current political climate (see my signature below), why doesn't FNH go in to FULL blown production and get as many out as possible? It's not like they'll end up sitting on the shelves collecting dust, even in this economy!

·
Banned
78 Posts
I know. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I almost feel like FN is trying to keep the SCAR out of most people's hands. It's a cruel teaser.

·
Registered
161 Posts
FChen17213 said:
I know. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I almost feel like FN is trying to keep the SCAR out of most people's hands. It's a cruel teaser.
I read in a Belgian newspaper some while ago that FN order book for its factory in Herstal was filled quite long in advance and that countries/agencies/consumers who wanted place orders had to wait long time. It is a possibility that FN simply doesn't have the capacity at the moment to produce more SCAR's. Same story probably with factory in US with war in Iraq and Afghanistan going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts