FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Placed order for 2x SCAR 17s ejectors springs, 2x hammer springs and 2x retaining clips on Sunday 1/13
2. Ships out on Wednesday 1/23, I understand this they're a small business and busy, I'm fine with this
  • ships without the ejector springs, I understand they don't keep live inventory, I'm fine with this
3. Ships signature required for $33 worth of springs that USPS would've put into my LOCKED mailbox
4. Waste all of Saturday 1/26 sitting at home waiting for it, tracking status finally updates to return to sender because Stryker wrote the wrong zip code
5. Email Stryker asking them to send out a new order without signature confirmation, explain I have a locked mailbox
6. Stryker emails me back saying "All orders are shipped insured with signature confirmation. No Exceptions".
7. I tell them to send me a new order ASAP with signature confirmation.

So far still no response from Stryker, placed this order 2 weeks ago. They've been obstinate in their refusal to ship without signature confirmation even after knowing I have a secure mailbox. Furthermore, they've taken no steps to rectify a simple spring order that's been ****ed seven ways to Sunday.

I have their lower and charging handle on one gun and charging handle on another, they work great although the finish of the lower leaves something to be desired. Great products, terrible customer service.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Poor customer service seems to be the norm for at least 2 of the 4 SCAR lower receiver manufacturers. I've had no contact with X-Products & I received a same day email response from HDD (Hi-DesertDog) regarding availability & shipping time for their lower, which was excellent customer service. Whether or not they could deliver on their 2 day product turnaround is anybody's guess, but at least they responded quickly.

I think that the SCAR buyer is a small percentage of the long gun parts & accessory consumer, so we get kinda held hostage by the likewise limited number of aftermarket suppliers.

I give kudos to Mototech & Impact Weapons Components for same or next day shipping. Now that's REAL customer service. Too bad all suppliers can't be that way!!!

Reactions: Red93cobra

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've had a horrible experience with them as well (so far). I know their lowers can take awhile to make but holy ****, I'm almost at a one year wait. I ordered one when they said "there in stock ready to ship". Story time : Placed my order back in May of 2018. Expected ship date was about 30 days after, around the beginning of June. 3 Months go by and I email them several times before I get a response, I also left several voice messages. They get back and state woops we had a problem with processing, our anodizing partner quit and were searching for a new one, should be settled before October. Speed up to the week before thanksgiving, I wasn't in a rush so I patiently sat by. Same deal, several emails and calls before I finally got a response, oh hey were still having issues with anodizing but have a vendor lined up, will start productions again after thanksgiving and your lower should be ready to ship before the new year. New year comes and goes, here we are its almost February and nothing. I may just ask for a refund and purchase one from someone who already has their lower in hand, this is ridiculous. No updates, no concern for the customer on an expensive item. I wonder what the new excuse will be?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I placed an order with S.E. on 19 Jan for 4x barrel retention screws and their charging handle (E.A.C.H.).

I got emailed today: Refund $32.00 No ETA on barrel retention screws.

No hassle, no restocking fee charge, just money back on my card. NICE.

I did source and get the screws elsewhere.

~Will

EDITED TO ADD:

STRYKER reached out to me via email from these comments I have posted here, so I edited out my NEGATIVE comments & to clarify a few things.

I get it that the FNH BARREL RETENTION SCREWS I placed an order for, were listed as back-ordered, and there was a CHANCE that they might come in, what I am referencing is that I GOT MY MONEY BACK RATHER TIMELY without a restocking fee (as others have complained about), then went and bought & received the screws I needed from another supplier. That was NICE.

Getting charged $15.60 for a package with insurance and signature required on a $67 handle? It IS a nice charging handle!

I don't LOVE that expensive shipping, BUT I get where they are coming from having to fight suspected FRAUD & theft while still being a solvent company and making SURE that the goods get delivered!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Been a little while back now, and while it wasn't the dollar amount of the lowers, I received in pretty quick order . . . (3) E.A.C.H's when they were fairly scarce.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Now I'm waiting for a Stryker to send out my EACH Charging handle and extended mag release button. I received the email order confirmation (April 30th) but no shipping email yet.

Hopiing they will send soon, I've had a nice experience with Stryker so far so hope it continues.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My experience with Stryker is about he worst customer service experience I have ever had... wanted 20% fee for cancelling a 2 year old back order, and it went downhill from there...

Must have been the "Stryker" lower for the SCAR17. You are not the only one to have this happen to you. More than a few forum members got the same 20% cancellation fee notice when they went to cancel their orders that were over 2 years old.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Now I'm waiting for a Stryker to send out my EACH Charging handle and extended mag release button. I received the email order confirmation (April 30th) but no shipping email yet.

Hopiing they will send soon, I've had a nice experience with Stryker so far so hope it continues.
Sorry bud, ordered mine months ago and nothing so far. You're not getting it anytime this year

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Wow, I was bummed that his lowers weren't available and broke down and bought a used Handl gen 2 feeling like the "poor cousin" but at least I have a running Pmag lower "poor cousin" or not.

I hope he can get all of this sorted out eventually.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Must have been the "Stryker" lower for the SCAR17. You are not the only one to have this happen to you. More than a few forum members got the same 20% cancellation fee notice when they went to cancel their orders that were over 2 years old.
No, he didn't cancel a SEAL order, he cancelled an FN OEM SCAR 17 firing pin after he received ALL of the rest of the items on his order that he received, he decided to cancel the firing pin knowing when he placed his order that there was NO ETA from FN.

Anyone who owns a SCAR knows FN's delivery schedule on parts is horrible. Notice how he left the fine details OUT? Yep, he got dinged $6 after he cancelled. The irony is the firing pins arrived about 3 weeks after he cancelled.

And NOBODY has had a SEAL on order for 2 years but don't let that stop you from posting a bogus statement... after all, it is the internet and everything posted must be true.

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts

BLACK SOAMR is in on backorder. If you want FDE, shoot an email and it'll ship out the following day. Cool?

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, he didn't cancel a SEAL order, he cancelled an FN OEM SCAR 17 firing pin after he received ALL of the rest of the items on his order that he received, he decided to cancel the firing pin knowing when he placed his order that there was NO ETA from FN.

Anyone who owns a SCAR knows FN's delivery schedule on parts is horrible. Notice how he left the fine details OUT? Yep, he got dinged $6 after he cancelled. The irony is the firing pins arrived about 3 weeks after he cancelled.

And NOBODY has had a SEAL on order for 2 years but don't let that stop you from posting a bogus statement... after all, it is the internet and everything posted must be true.
Is that really the story you want to go with...?

You say I was only out $6, but you seem to have left out the part that you refused to refund me anything at all for the firing pin...

When I ordered those parts, your website indicated all those items were in stock... to this day your website says the following: "If an item is listed on our web site and can be added to the shopping cart it will typically be in stock."

Had I known it was going to be back ordered, I wouldn't have ordered it... but at the time the parts were scarce, you had what I thought was a good reputation, and left the back order in place.

You never provided any updates on the status, and only randomly responded to the occasional email to check on status, but I still held out...

After over 2 years, I was able to get what I needed some where else, and just wanted a refund on an item I no longer needed, and didn't feel I was likely to get from you any time soon.

When I requested the refund, I was then told about the 20% fee for cancelling an order.. I felt that 2 years was more than ample time to fulfill an order, and I asked you to reconsider due to the long wait time... I think most any business would look at that situation as unusual and be more understanding and likely do what most would consider to be the right thing and waive the fee....

When I didn't get a response, I posted a thread without naming you as the vendor, and asked for opinions on the 20% fee for a cancelling a back order that was more than 2 years old... that thread generated a tremendous amount of interest... way more than I ever intended...

I wasn't intending to create an issue, I just wanted my money back for an item I had bought in good faith and expected delivery on in a reasonable amount of time but due to circumstances beyond your control, you were unable to deliver.

Things went downhill from there.. I am really not wanting to slam you, but I am bitter over you refusing to refund the $32 for an item I paid for, and never received.. I would just like to get my money back, go our separate way and forget the whole thing... until that happens, I won't forget it..

Just my side of the story...

1 - 20 of 99 Posts