FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a gentlman that works for a local gun shop here in my neck of the woods. He is the proud owner of a 5.7 pistol and he lives in my same small town. In our conversation we naturally talked about my ps90 and his 5.7. He stated that there are several groups including ( I hate to say this) police departments aswell asking the goverment to outlaw the sell of the ps90,the 5.7 and ammo for the civilian population. Has anyone else heard of this aswell. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
This topic comes up all the time - typically from "gun store wiseguys" who know everything. In fact, in mid 2007, there was a guy here who claimed he had a buddy in the ATF - and that word was that the PS90 was being banned. He reported that he ran out and bough something like 6-10 of these - hoping to make a profit once they were banned...

The guy was either lying, or he got some very bad information and got stuck with a lot of PS90s...

I'm not too worried about it. I did worry when I first got into the platform - everytime I heard this. I'm not so worried now.

Admittedly - if anything would be banned, it might be the handgun - the Five Seven. But, I am not worried about it right now.

Now, I did stack up 2100 rounds of 5.7 - not because of a possible ban... But as I have a gun that shoots a proprietary round, I don't want to be stuck one day with no bullets. I did it incase they just decided to discontinue or not sell it here any longer (maybe 10-15 years from now - who knows).

It is more likely that U will see a national band that would effect hi capacity weapons - which would in essence ban both 5.7x28mm weapons.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Absilutly right ship, many gun dealers will say things like this to justify charging high prices. Cause the boogy man is going to stop their sale crap. I to have got over 1000 rounds for the same reason.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
I read about a 15% increase on WWB next week - at least on some other gun forums... If true... If this continues - I may not get a 45 later this year. The damn ammo costs too much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On a positive note, I was talking to a gun shop today (impact guns) that rents a five-seven among others to use at their range. He stated this thing has shot a S&%T load of rounds with no problems.
:D

It was a USG model

I bought a holster for mine while I was there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts