FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good bag to hold my 9, ear protection, mags and ammunition. Any suggestions?

Also, suggestions on good ear protection?

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Just a note...I still use foam earplugs also. Too many loud punk rock shows in my younger days...I need to conserve what hearing I have left.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The price on those went up $5. Glad I picked up another pair when I did.

I've been using Surefire EP3's as well lately (on their own). Work quite well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
People will laugh, but My range bag of choice is a Craftsman ToolBag like this: Craftsman Tool Bag Combo: Never Lose Another Tool at Sears

I use the 13" for my FNS, and I use the 18" when my GF and I both go to the range (it holds both our guns).
3 Mag pockete on the outside, with neting to hold ear plugs, PLENTY of room inside for my FNS40, AlienGear Holster, cleaning cloth, 200 rounds of ammo, earmuffs, two pair of craftsman safety glasses, and room to spare...
It works great, holds everything I need, and it actually counts as a 'hand tool' so if I wear it out, Sears replaces it!

Every day when I walk out of the range I get comments like "Why didn't I think of that?" and I was once told "If I had my gun in that bag instead of one like this (was a bag that said "Springfield RangeMaster") two weeks ago, I doubt they'd have broken into my car to steal it!" He had a very sad look on his face.

That's my $0.02 worth. Really anything that will securely hold the equipment you need to take with you will do. Since I have been taking mine to the range, I have even seen some Harbor Freight Tool bags showing up as RangeBags.

Have fun, and shoot safe!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is my range bag and I'm a big fan.

I also have a separate over-the-shoulder bag to carry extra ammo, i forget the brand, it's not this but it's the exact same concept:

Blackhawk Go Box 30 Cal Ammo Bag Nylon
I too have the midway bag very nice - as well I have "mag bag" for ammo and mags that I either carry separately or in the center section of the midway bag
if any family members are shooting with me my mag bag could weight in @ 15lbs by itself

ears - I buy these by the case and use them for everything from long drives in the truck, on the bike , mowing the lawn, in addition to my muffs when shooting
E-A-R EarSoft Blast UF Foam Ear Plugs (NRR 33) - Industrial Foam Ear Plugs by the Pair (1-50 Pairs)

bkg

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Just a note...I still use foam earplugs also. Too many loud punk rock shows in my younger days...I need to conserve what hearing I have left.
I do exactly the same thing with the H&L. Works great and I can still hear range commands when necessary.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered the craftsman tool bag set. I have been looking for something to slip my soft pistol cases into that will not look like a range bag. I am eager to see how this works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts