·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Dude, did you paint your nails?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL my wife is the shooter in the video. She loves the FSN and shoots it any chance she can get..

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Buff-awesome video and very nicely done! Thanks for taking the time and the ammo to put the video together. 22190 and T6 sure seem to get it done! Thanks to your wife too!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I am inclined to believe video footage from Buffman over a picture from TFB. Buffman has done a multitude of tests with the 5.7 and has been impartial. I assume you are taking about SS190 out of the pistol because in the article the rifle penetrated the helmet.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Correct, however in another vid from buffman a 7.62x25 did also not penetrate a helmet and on box of truth it did!
Also buffman did tests where a ss 198 would not penetrate level 3a vest but later he stated in another test it did, I truly believe that any milsurp 7.62x25 especially steel core ones will outperform any ss 190, there also is a vid where new made X 25 will not penetrate level 3 A vest but a milsurp 1 does!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Correct, however in another vid from buffman a 7.62x25 did also not penetrate a helmet and on box of truth it did!
Also buffman did tests where a ss 198 would not penetrate level 3a vest but later he stated in another test it did, I truly believe that any milsurp 7.62x25 especially steel core ones will outperform any ss 190, there also is a vid where new made X 25 will not penetrate level 3 A vest but a milsurp 1 does!
I've stated multiple times that SS198 penetrating level IIIA is very inconsistent. If it's charge is on the higher side and it has more velocity it can go through. If it doesn't mushroom over, it will go through. It also depends on vest construction, distance, etc. Valorious from the other forum tested SS192/198 to go through IIIA vests as well, but I side on caution and say that it won't defeat it.

The BOT was using a different milsurp helmet than me. They also did not state what ammunition they were using. I've stated in the video, that none of the x25 ammo used was steel core. Steel jacket yes, but not steel core. I'll gladly re-test on a "new" helmet when I can afford to buy another.

Besides all that, look at the pictures of what TFB is claiming is SS190:

That is not SS190. That looks like AE TMJ.

Look at this recovered round. Jacket separation. Note the cannelure on the jacket.

This is what SS190 looks like. No cannelure, and a very sharp nose bullet profile.
2178586_01_25.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts