FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Oh I have no doubt this country has lost it's grip on reality. Way too many people believe what they see and hear on the TV, and anything an actor says. Most people seem so lazy mentally that they just repeat what they hear and never think for themselves whether or not what they heard is true. They don't try to reason anything out on their own. I don't know if it's because they were never taught to think in school, or peer pressure to "fit in" is so great in our society that they just go with the flow.

If the major media reports day after day, week after week, that obama is getting support from here and there and every day he is doing better and it's going to ba a landslide victory and a great thing for them... people will vote for him and never ever consider the man for what he is or stands for.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but a few years ago there was a fad (that's what I call it anyway) where all the little caucasian blonde haired school girls started getting black boyfriends. When we would go to the mall (the teen meeting place) there were always dozens of mixed couple like that. I'm sure some were with each other because they really liked each other and that is cool. But many were just doing it because that was the "in" thing to do. Upscale gilrs in clean fine clothes and a guy with his hat on side ways and his dirty jeans pull halway down exposing his underwear.

A couple of people I was working with at the time had daughters that told them about it. One of them got pregnant, she was 15 at the time, and the family moved the guy in with them. Soon after the baby was born she decided she didn't like the guy and he moved out and hasn't been back around since... and of course no money was ever sent to support the baby.

She now understands the position she has put her and her family in and regrets her actions, but at the time all that matered was dating a black guy because it was cool. I know 15 year olds don't vote, but older people do the same thing.

obama may get elected because so many people will simply follow what the crowd is doing. Especially in the cities on the coasts. The rural areas don't seem to be "follow the leader" types. But I will wager that the major cities will almost all vote for him.

Frankly, I will be surprised if he doesn't win. The Republicans put out a poor contender to oppose him. Romney probably had the best chance to best him. I don't care for Romney myself, I think Fred Thompson would do the best job as President, but Romney had the "change" thing going for him too. That would have been good against obama.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Romney on gun control

Supports Second Amendment rights but also assault weapon ban
Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.

A: Let's get the record straight. First of all, there's no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I've been governor in a pretty tough state. You've heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.

Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina May 15, 2007

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I didn't say I like Romney, I said I don't care for him. I was just saying I think he had/has a better chance to to beat obama than McCain does.

Besides, McCain's pro gun rights voting record is what... 27%? Or something close to that. Didn't McCain support the idea that everyone attending a gunshow should be documented? McCain is no better than Romney in my opinion and may be worse.

Of course this is a moot point. McCain is what we have... ugh. He's gonna get beat like a drum.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I agree, we got stuck with a POS McCain and he is going to loose big time. I had really hoped that Fred Thompson wouldn't have been so dead just getting out of the gate, it almost seemed like he didn't want to win.

I want a third, forth and maybe a fith Party. This two party system is crap. The whole thing is so corrupt.

Sometimes I wonder if a deal wasn't made between the Dem's and Rep's that the Dem's would not impeach Bush if the Dem's got to pick who they got to run against,<Conspiracy Theory>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts