FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a minor thing in the scheme of things. But did ya'll take that barcode sticker off your weapon, or did U leave it?

I left it - it is a military weapon, and I thought it was kewl to just leave it on there. Some agencies barcode their weapons for tracking anyway.

For whatever reason - when I showed my father my PS90 around Christmas for the 1st time - he seemed fixated on this sticker. He couldn't understand why I didn't take it off. It was like it bothered him personally or something, and he isn't even a gun person. And, he knows nothing about guns really.

Strange....

·
Registered
42 Posts
ShipWreck said:
It's a minor thing in the scheme of things. But did ya'll take that barcode sticker off your weapon, or did U leave it?

Took it off my green shooter....left it on my black investment gun :twisted:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I took mine off, but regretted it right away. It was kind of cool, and I wish I would have left it alone. I wonder if the barcode is specific to each weapon's serial number or to ps90's in general?

·
Registered
636 Posts
yah i left it on the usg and ps its cool..... sticker i will wait till it gets ****y looking or falls off

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm glad you posted this Shipwreck as I was wondering about it as well.

Personally I don't like it too much and was thinking about removing it until I noticed it's the only source of the serial # on the lower.

If I ever sell (doubtful, put always possible), I'd like to have proff of a match.

So, I'm leaving it on--day to day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I took mine off

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
metroplex said:
when did they start putting the barcodes on the PS90?

Mine was made early Dec 2005 and it didn't have a barcode.
Not sure. Got mine just a few months ago...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I take tags/stickers off my shoes and hats. I wouldn't do any different for a gun.

Yes, I took the bar code off. I did however save the boxes, original shipping box and FNH box. IF I buy another one, it's staying in the box. In the whole scope of things, the bar code isn't going to matter during resale (assuming that's a reason why you left it on).

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't leave mine on for resale value - never really crossed my mind until someone just said something. I left it on because I thought it was kinda kewl.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wlcohen said:
I left mine on becuase i am kinda of annal and tend not to remove any stickers and keep all original packaging
That's kind of the reason I've decided not to try and sell my stock white sight, even if I don't use it. I wanna have all the original parts - even if I could use the money to at least buy 1 more mag.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I decided to keep th bar code sticker on the guns as it is something from the factory which may hold better resale value for the gun.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big Elf said:
I decided to keep th bar code sticker on the guns as it is something from the factory which may hold better resale value for the gun.
Yea, maybe...

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I just ended up taking the bar code off and putting it on the inside cover of the gun manual for insurance purposes. If you look on the inside cover, there is a slot for serial number. I just stuck the sticker there to help prove proof of ownership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I kept mine on, and I usually take off all the stickers/etc. (i.e. Made for Windows Vista) on things...

It gives the PS90 that.... ....I just don't know what... :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts